'53 Willy's Wagon

Oddmodman

There's a Willy's Wagon here where I live for 500 bucks that supposedly ran when it was parked. Body looks good and it has a PTO winch. I'm going to go take a look asap and will update this post with what I find if anyone is interested.

Definitely keep us updated and start a thread in the projects section if you get it. I love these old Willy's. I always see the trucks for sale around here, usually restored or all original and running... if only I had the money.

Owner of the company I work for has a willys body on a Tahoe frame, cummins 4bt with a built 700r4 trans.

Needs moar turbo....

Pretty good looking rig. Just a highway queen, but still cool I think!

Beautiful! But agree with H3RESQ. I couldn't stand IFS, and I was thinking more along the lines of a 3.3bt. Anyway, I finally got ahold of the guy, but apparently this guy is selling for his son-in-law, who's out of state. Long story short I haven't been able to look at it yet :(

As do I...but then again I hear people all the time saying that IFS is better than a solid axle as far as on-road comfort....

Eh, still cool.

Beautiful! But agree with H3RESQ. I couldn't stand IFS, and I was thinking more along the lines of a 3.3bt. Anyway, I finally got ahold of the guy, but apparently this guy is selling for his son-in-law, who's out of state. Long story short I haven't been able to look at it yet :(

I've suddenly been seeing alot about the 3.3 lately...know too much about it? I'm curious

Well, I know it's between 4 and 500 lbs lighter than the 4bt. The 4 is about 1200 lbs and the 3.3 is supposedly only a bit heavier than our 4.0s. I know I saw a build thread about a guy who put one in an MJ. Also know that as an industrial engine it's supposed to be nigh indestructible and moddable, consequently.

Well, I know it's between 4 and 500 lbs lighter than the 4bt. The 4 is about 1200 lbs and the 3.3 is supposedly only a bit heavier than our 4.0s. I know I saw a build thread about a guy who put one in an MJ. Also know that as an industrial engine it's supposed to be nigh indestructible and moddable, consequently.

i read somewhere that they werent made by cummins, but were contracted to a korean(?) company and were known for head issues from machining the heads while they were still warm from casting? don't remember where i saw it, and havent seen it since

Tell me about it Sam. I have 3 motorcycles, a geo storm, a volvo p1800, a samurai, and 2 MJs that need fixing. But for 500 I'd add this to the to-do list. The guy still hasn't gotten back to me though. Father-in-law selling for out of state son-in-law BS. Jimoshel, I like the 30s and 40s for cars. '39 Buick convertible straight eight would be super cool. Stuff like that. Packard. Old Pontiac. Coooooool.

Tell me about it Sam. I have 3 motorcycles, a geo storm, a volvo p1800, a samurai, and 2 MJs that need fixing. But for 500 I'd add this to the to-do list. The guy still hasn't gotten back to me though. Father-in-law selling for out of state son-in-law BS. Jimoshel, I like the 30s and 40s for cars. '39 Buick convertible straight eight would be super cool. Stuff like that. Packard. Old Pontiac. Coooooool.

Are we related? The very first car I ever owned was a 1938 Buick 4 dr convertable, My gawd. those side mounted tires on the front fenders, CLASS !. The hood was longer than some of the cars on the road today. I was 15 years old. The guy wanted $45 for it. After trying for an hour to get it started with no success I offered him $40. He took it. I was Mr Cool with the chicks in High school. Except when it rained. No top.

Dude, perhaps we are! The oldest vehicle I have is a '65 Volvo P1800 Coupe, and I'm only 22, but I love those older cars! Cars then were class! I like class, like those older vehicles over newer, problematic, automatic, garish chrome-rimmed swagger cars. I love the idea of those old straight eight engines, but at the same time I wouldn't be against buying a shell of one, putting a 4bt or 3.3bt in it, and possibly doing a low profile 4x4 conversion for the winter here. Plus I like 4-doors. Especially when the back two doors are suicide doors :D. Forty bucks?!?! I'm considering a '51 Buick Special 8 here. 500 miles on a newly rebuilt engine, all trim, new tires, nearly solid body, for 2500 OBO. I just don't like the grill much... It's a little past my preferred golden age of cars.