'92 Eliminator Resto

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time no update, still have the truck though. Over the last year I've swapped the trans out for a rebuilt one with and external slave, went through a battle with smog testing which ended up being a cracked APN manifold so I replaced that with a newer version, adapted and S-10 roll pan to to rear bumper and FINALLY got the Dana 44 underneath it. 

New style APN header vs. Old

1zlaagp.jpg

Roll-pan fitment and final product, body working the tailgate too. Lot of bondo from the previous owner(s). Fit isn't perfect but close enough and it's not permanent so I can always go back to the original bumper. Plan to dump the exhaust too. 

108irl5.jpg

v3kll5.jpg

3.jpg

44 with 3.73 gears, a trac-lok and discs off of an Explorer. Also replaced all the suspension bushings with poly and added a sway bar off of a Blazer. 

357g6kl.jpg

288mcyv.jpg

6fpq2x.jpg

Getting a driveshaft made up now, last piece of the puzzle then go make 11's. 

13 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

The roll pan looks great. Like it's a factory piece only better. Love it.

Which bar did you use for the rear sway bar? Looks beefy. I have a similar setup using a WJ rear bar.

Edit:  Have to learn to read. Blazer sway bar.  :brickwall:

Thanks! Took quite a bit of cutting to make it work. 

Yah, Chevy bar. 7/8".

• 1 year later...

Time for my yearly update. Just been driving this thing from time to time on the weekend and the occasional trip to Home Depot. I was toying with the idea of getting rid of it but thought better of it and started buying stuff for it again. It has some nasty spring wrap since I put the lowering blocks on making doing burnouts impossible without massive wheel hop. I was going to do a Ruff Stuff traction bar then a pair of Caltracs popped up for sale on Instagram of all places. Solved the problem, thing is even more fun to drive now, I can't seem to take a corner without sliding it anymore.

24wydd5.jpg

scaoaa.jpg

They definitely hang low, but not really an issue for this truck. Also, I need some new tires soon, been thinking about the BFG G-force Sport in a smaller diameter and a little wider.

And I finally pulled the trigger on some Eliminator decals from Jeepsticker.com. Tough to install properly but damn they look good. Only have the driver's side finished so far, I need to get some dent repair work done on the passenger side still.

2jwizl.jpg

2djo1nt.jpg

And trying out the new night sight mode on my phone

11ipctj.jpg

9 minutes ago, onebigmj said:

Don’t sell that thing, and if you do I’ll hitchhike across the country to buy it. I love the roll pan, where did you get it?

Thanks, I don't think I'd ever really sell it. I just don't drive it enough.

The roll pan is for an S-10, this is the one I used:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/GMK-EFXRP09

It took a lot of trimming and figuring out a way to mount it to make it work.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:05 AM, dasbulliwagen said:

I know the rear sway bar is Blazer, but what year Blazer? There are a couple different generations of those. Would be nice to narrow down the search. Thanks!

It's from a 2nd gen, 1995-2005. I got mine off of a 4 door if I remember correctly.