Feedback section?

What is your thinking on feedback?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your thinking on feedback?

• Leave it as is, no change.
    • Add a whole new section to the mainpage.
    • Go with Pete's idea on a sticky with new rules.
    • Screw it altogether, we're all good people here, and no one would screw someone over.

I was thinking since all the buying and selling that goes on here, we should have a feedback section. Kinda like if someone is selling something and it gets bought, the person that bought it can leave either positive or negative feedback for the seller. So that in case there is any shady characters on here(not that there is that I know of) people on here can know who to try to avoid. Just a thought I'm throwing out there.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's an OK idea, but would be alot of extra hassle...like starting a second forum inside a forum. and this ain't naxja (thank god).

if it were to be done, a stickied thread in the pub would be best I think...not classifieds. simply because that's where we talk about things like that, and classifieds is where we sell things/buy things, not leave feedback.

I think a sub-forum in the classifieds would be a good place to put feed back.

If somone has a good transaction with Pat (JeepcoMJ) they could create a thread titled "JeepcoMJ A+ Seller".

If there was a single thread, searching through it to find a specific member might get to be a hassle, especially if the thread is 10+ pages long.

:dunno:

I think a sub-forum in the classifieds would be a good place to put feed back.

If somone has a good transaction with Pat (JeepcoMJ) they could create a thread titled "JeepcoMJ A+ Seller".

If there was a single thread, searching through it to find a specific member might get to be a hassle, especially if the thread is 10+ pages long.

:dunno:

EXACTLY what I was intending on to begin with. Then after the initial seller was noted as being "A+" or whatever the buyer so chooses to indicate that they were a good seller, the seller themselves could post in that thread about the buyer. Such as if I were to buy an axle from JeepcoMJ and it went smoothly, I would create a thread "JeepcoMJ A+ Seller", and then he would in the same thread put "quick payment good businessman" or whatever he chose to put. Plus this will give everyone an idea on who has/can get what.

the only thing id be posting or checking on would be the warnings or bad ratings, i don't care if someone had a good experience just if they got screwed
egg-zachery.

I may be slow at getting stuff out, but I eventually get it out, once I finally stop admiring my huge piles of Jeep parts... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I really hesitate starting this up because I feel it'll snowball. Once I make a way to leave feedback, I feel a certain amount of responsibility shift from the buyers/sellers over to the forums and that means to me. It sounds simple enough to have a means to leave some sort of feedback, but that all needs to be monitored and disputes settled and so on. It's a can of worms. I want to leave it the responsibility of the buyer to check out the seller and vice-versa. Having said that, how about I post up a new suggestion in the rules that all transactions end in a post by the buyer and seller that everything went alright? That would make it search-able. If you run a search for a certain screen name and limit it to the classifieds forum, you'll get a listing of posts by that person.

I really hesitate starting this up because I feel it'll snowball. Once I make a way to leave feedback, I feel a certain amount of responsibility shift from the buyers/sellers over to the forums and that means to me. It sounds simple enough to have a means to leave some sort of feedback, but that all needs to be monitored and disputes settled and so on. It's a can of worms. I want to leave it the responsibility of the buyer to check out the seller and vice-versa. Having said that, how about I post up a new suggestion in the rules that all transactions end in a post by the buyer and seller that everything went alright? That would make it search-able. If you run a search for a certain screen name and limit it to the classifieds forum, you'll get a listing of posts by that person.

As the person that started this mess I feel the obligation to say that I agree with ya on that Pete. That would make things a bit better, and would be easier than starting a whole new section to the main page. So add this as one vote for the sticky idea. In fact, I'll even make it a poll to see what everyone's opinions on it are.