Should I Which One?

So in doing one if the two but I want some input

1. Either put the chromoly kit hub conversion 30 spline lit in my dana 30 or

2. Narrow down a hp 44

Which ever one I go with will have a locker and will be on 37s

Kind of like buying your first snow mobile, they want you to get a smaller one till your comfortable with a bigger one.

First day out....your ready for a bigger one.
Me, I'd never build a 30 if a 44 could be had or even a 60 for that matter.

You know the saying...go big or stay home.

D44 will use the same u joints as the larger ones used on the D30. In my experience they don't hold up to 35s off road, so 37s won't work either.

Only ones I have not tried are CTM. $250 is a bit rich for me on a u joint.

(Still) in the process of fitting a D60 under my rig.

Bc I still wanna drive it on the road lol that's why

bushwacker flares cover them quite nicely. :D   but laws and cop attitudes vary wildly by location so caution is understandable.  

Even if you beef up the axles the D30 center section will never be as strong as a D44.

Remember the axle is only as strong as its weakest link,If you go to chromoly shafts you might not break shafts but you will run the risk of stripping out ring gears especially being on 37s.

If you do keep the D30 make sure you get a full case locker like an ARB and a beefy diff cover, this will help with gear deflection.

Even if you beef up the axles the D30 center section will never be as strong as a D44.

Remember the axle is only as strong as its weakest link,If you go to chromoly shafts you might not break shafts but you will run the risk of stripping out ring gears especially being on 37s.

If you do keep the D30 make sure you get a full case locker like an ARB and a beefy diff cover, this will help with gear deflection.

What else is a full case locker ?? Like e-locker?

I've got the D30 with chromoly shafts, 4.88s, Detroit Locker and a 3/8" steel diff cover, I haven't had problems yet running 33's *knock on wood* I want to run 35's but I'm not going any bigger than that,