86 Comanche Questions

ok, well i'll eventually learn em and learn how to drive stick, right now i just gotta work with the stuff i failed inspection for, and work on gettin a new carb, one that aint a 2se, maybe a holly,

Redwolf

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what i'm gonna end up doin, i have no tac meter, are there any "after market" carbs i could put on my truck or just a 2se?

Redwolf

Honestly, with a little bit of ingenuity, i think you could make any two barrel fit. My dad has a motorcraft 2 barrel off of his old dodge 318, and I'm working on making an adapter plate to bolt it to the tbi intake that was on the s10 engine before i swapped it. I'll let you know how it goes..but for ready-to-go aftermarket, the 2se is all i know of...

that's what i'm gonna end up doin, i have no tac meter, are there any "after market" carbs i could put on my truck or just a 2se?

Redwolf

Honestly, with a little bit of ingenuity, i think you could make any two barrel fit. My dad has a motorcraft 2 barrel off of his old dodge 318, and I'm working on making an adapter plate to bolt it to the tbi intake that was on the s10 engine before i swapped it. I'll let you know how it goes..but for ready-to-go aftermarket, the 2se is all i know of...

i'll probably figure a way to adapt a new one as long as it's a 2 barrel but that's my last project, right now i'm gettin my MJ passable for inspection, i just fixed my power steering (knock on wood) thrid time's the charm, now i gotta replace the flexable break lines and cut off my tail pipe and route it just before the rear tire just long enough to get a new one,

Redwolf

yup, either that or i might buy a weber or a remanufactored rotchester 2se,

Redwolf

So glad I already have a random carb lying around and access to all the materials and equipment necessary to make it work...saves me the trouble of buying stuff  :D

yup, either that or i might buy a weber or a remanufactored rotchester 2se,

Redwolf

So glad I already have a random carb lying around and access to all the materials and equipment necessary to make it work...saves me the trouble of buying stuff  :D

no kiddin, i know my carb is shot because i rebuild it with the rebuild kit and it's suckin gas worse than a hummer h2, so i gotta find somethin to fix it weather it's a carb outta a junkyard or a new remanufactored carb,

Redwolf

update: carb aint as shot as i thought it was, the float level was off, exhaust leak in the tail pipe is fixed, it should pass inspection tuesday, if it does all i have left to do to the truck is fix the radio, make the fog lights work and lastly, learn how to drive stick,

Redwolf

update: carb aint as shot as i thought it was, the float level was off, exhaust leak in the tail pipe is fixed, it should pass inspection tuesday, if it does all i have left to do to the truck is fix the radio, make the fog lights work and lastly, learn how to drive stick,

Redwolf

Mine didnt come with a radio..its been driving since ~jan and i still havent put one in it...kinda waiting till i figure out all the noises it makes. They usually tell me when something breaks so i don't destroy it. Someday though ill get around to puttin it in.

Redwolf

Mine didnt come with a radio..its been driving since ~jan and i still havent put one in it...kinda waiting till i figure out all the noises it makes. They usually tell me when something breaks so i don't destroy it. Someday though ill get around to puttin it in.

i know how that is, my dad's old 89 s10 blazer made a lot of noises and he knew what broke when and where cause of the noise, but i do want a radio cause they're a lotta other drivers that crank their radio up with music i don't like so blockin out their music is a plus,

Redwolf

Redwolf

i know how that is, my dad's old 89 s10 blazer made a lot of noises and he knew what broke when and where cause of the noise, but i do want a radio cause they're a lotta other drivers that crank their radio up with music i don't like so blockin out their music is a plus,

Redwolf

That right there is the biggest reason i want one! And its nice if you have extra speakers to make removeable boxes, set em on the bed, and be a bonfire dj  :thumbsup:

Redwolf

Redwolf

That right there is the biggest reason i want one! And its nice if you have extra speakers to make removeable boxes, set em on the bed, and be a bonfire dj  :thumbsup:

yeah but sadly i never know where the bonfires are in my area and i don't have the land to start em so speakers in the bed are little pointless for me, but as long as i can open up the doors and turn it up i'm fine,

Redwolf

Redwolf

Redwolf

yeah but sadly i never know where the bonfires are in my area and i don't have the land to start em so speakers in the bed are little pointless for me, but as long as i can open up the doors and turn it up i'm fine,

Redwolf

Thats why you put in disconnects on the door speakers, make a box for some extra speakers,and just plug them into the door discos! Great for bonfires, camping, etc

Redwolf

Redwolf

Redwolf

Thats why you put in disconnects on the door speakers, make a box for some extra speakers,and just plug them into the door discos! Great for bonfires, camping, etc

true, i think that's what the only speaker in my truck is, not sure but first thing is first, inspection then learnin to drive stick,

Redwolf

My stock radio didn't work when I got my truck. PO said he was about to get an aftermarket system because he couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I replaced a couple fuses and suddenly it started working...

My stock radio didn't work when I got my truck. PO said he was about to get an aftermarket system because he couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I replaced a couple fuses and suddenly it started working...

i tried that earlier today, didn't work, pulled out the multimeter there's power goin to the radio wires, i'm guessin the radio's dead, also, my wires for everything else don't have power to the cig lighter don't work, inside lights don't work, fog lights don't work, anyone got a diagram of the electrical wires?

Redwolf

my mj passed inspection, but i still gotta try to get a new carb, fix the electrical, get a new radio and speakers, hopefully figure out the fog lights and rip out the floorin that's holdin moisture,

Redwolf

my mj passed inspection, but i still gotta try to get a new carb, fix the electrical, get a new radio and speakers, hopefully figure out the fog lights and rip out the floorin that's holdin moisture,

Redwolf

Congrats on it passing! Easiest way to dry floor is to pull the seats and carpet, seperate carpet from the carpet pad, and thow away the pad.

Redwolf

Congrats on it passing! Easiest way to dry floor is to pull the seats and carpet, seperate carpet from the carpet pad, and thow away the pad.

i'm gonna throw it all away, i'm gonna paint the cabs tub with an oil based enamel, kinda like  bedliner but without the roughness. i also gotta nother question, what vacum line can cause the driver to do a gas pedal dance when the engine is cold and cause it to go from a half a tank of gas to E in an hour?

Redwolf

I coated mine with chassis saver, no complaints so far. And on vacuum lines you lost me

ok, i went through a half tank of gas yesterday, if there was a vacum leak that could cause a carb to act bad where would it be?

Redwolf

On the carb...or really anywhere since the carb is the main vacuum hub for the entire engine...I'm missing a bunch of vacuum stuff, don't even have the smog pump hooked up, lots of stuff taped off, etc, and i drive 10 miles/day, and a tank lasts me almost 2 weeks. so i have no idea

• 2 weeks later...

update: i've been lookin under the hood a lot at the vaccum lines and i can't find a hose that's faulty, i'm startin to think there aint a vacum leak but somethin that could act like one, i've also noticed that when drivin the truck it'll "hit hard" even at idol, i've adjusted the vavles but that only made it a little better, i don't care what ya get a 2.8 v6 outta, it should not run rough and act like it's hittin hard so any ideas?

Redwolf