86 Comanche Questions

Sounds like a carb issue to me...theres a bolt in the front of the carb that allows you to adjust how it runs, but its sealed from the factory with epoxy. You can drill out the epoxy and adjust it, theres info online about it. Takes a special tool to adjust, but it may solve your problem

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a carb issue to me...theres a bolt in the front of the carb that allows you to adjust how it runs, but its sealed from the factory with epoxy. You can drill out the epoxy and adjust it, theres info online about it. Takes a special tool to adjust, but it may solve your problem

oh i know the screws, i have the flexable screwdriver thing, my dad figured that (not sure which one) either the slow or fast idol speed is fubar, could that be the cause of all my issues?

Redwolf

i got the idol problem fixed, it was a vacum leak, there is a vacum port under/inbetween the distributor and EGR valve, me and my dad don't know what it goes to, we're thinkin the breaks were once hooked up to it, could that be true?

Redwolf

probably my last update for a long time, i got the MJ runnin, she purs like a kitten, tried drivin it today and i just gotta work on takin off but i'm gettin there, see yall on the roads soon :)

Redwolf