Might be getting-- got it home now with pics

Rokhound

...me a 88 MJ auto 4x4 long bed if every thing works out i will pick it up this weekend jamminz.gif

that mean i will have an 89,88,87 now all i need to do is find the rest 86,90,91,92 and then i think i will be done. More later

Watson

i hope so man i need a DD for me. The wife is nice but that b!tch sticker on the back makes me fell a little off :nuts: Guys look at me funny

:D my buddy was workin on some ladys car once ( a new style VW bug to be exact) and had to take it for a test drive, a bright yellow bug with flower in dash and ghey rainbow sticker on the back window...

the two oily mechanics in their blue jackets looked MIGHTY off in that. :yes:

Ok guys pull up a chair it is story time…. As you guy no I went and picked up #3 today. What is it with these darn trucks it seem like every one of them I have to go and get there is always something that goes wrong. I was to meet the guy half way, so I drive about 100 mile to meet him half way. I get there I sat down to get a bite to eat and wait on the guy. This was about 3:30 I was to meet him at 4:00

Then the cell phone rings and the guy tells me that he blew out a tire on the MJ and wanted to no if I could come toward were he was because he was looking for a tire and so on. Of course I said yes that would be alright. So I finishing eating and took off toward were they guy was. I final might up with him an hour later out in the f-ing boon docks miles from any town. I looked the truck over and its not great but it not that bad or so I thought. So now it is about 4:30 or 5:00.

Now I am head back toward home. When I look down at the gas gage and it at like a quarter of a tank :wall: and I don’t know how far the nearest town is but I think it was close to 50 miles or so from were I was at. Man I pulled in to Casey’s to fill up the truck it was on the red line at E. I mean I might have been able to go about 5 more miles and I would have been out gas. So I thought to my self this is just going to be a great trip home. So now it is like 6:00

So me and dad get back on the road with a full tank of gas and every thing is going great when the truck started to get hot. I was like what the F!CK NOW :headpop: so I get her to a weight station open the hood and water was just blowing all over the place. It had blown the water bottle up and the thermostat had stuck. Now it was like 7:00 and I was 20 miles from the nearest town. So I rush into town to get a gasket for the thermostat and no place was open. So I went to Wal-Mart and got some gasket stuff to make it home.

Well we get back to the truck and get it fixed and filled back up with water and so now were on are way again. I got no more then a mile down the road and the other tire on the front blows out. :headpop: F-ing great so we get out change the tire and get on are way. Well the truck is still getting hot because the water bottle is shot. So I get it to the nearest town and parked it there for the night. Now were about an hour or so from the house. So I got home about 10:00 with no truck. So when I got home I took the water bottle of the red truck and then went back to get my truck so now it is 7:00am the next day and I change the water bottle out jump in and drove her home now it is 8:00am and I official hate this truck.

:smart: So note to self next time take truck and trial to pick up any MJ. :smart:

End of story time and damn I am tried of typing.

But here are the specs of the truck--- 1988 MJ 4.0 auto 4x4 long box completely stock with buckets seat, cargo light, and sun roof. So as soon as I can I will get pics.

wow dude, thats crazy!

similar things happened to me when we were getting mine. first the guy said he had the title, we went to purchase it, but he had lost it. when we went to pay him, he wasnt there, and didnt have a cell phone. we drove around his town for an hour, and i called his house numerous times to ask where he was. finally, i got ahold of him, and put a deposit on the truck. the day we went to pick it up, uhaul had no trailers...so we had to wait till next weekend. next weekend we got there with our truck wich has a 7 way trailer plug, but the trailer was 4 plugs, and they had NO adapters. we find another trailer place that does have them, and we are on our way. only to find the owner wasnt at his house again...but his parents were and they were :mad: :headpop: at him. the end.

good news it that you got your new MJ rockhound, and those specs look purdy gooood!

Yeah the would suck man.....that was the issue to get it home at first the guy was going to jump titles and I said that was not going to happen.:mad: So he b!tch that he had to put the title in his name and on and on. I was like will then I have one that I am looking at also (which I didn't) and I told him that I was going to buy that one instead of his will you no what that title got put in his name real fast. There was all most $60 dollars of late fee and it cost him almost $100 to get it title. jamminz.gif Bad for him good for me.

Hey rockhound you might wanna check Des Moines craigslist. There is a set of 30x9.50s on there cheap.

thank you

as for the sun roof i don't no and what package i don't no that as well i need to run the vin and find out i guess

I'll swap you the grille and headlight bezels and stuff off that truck for the flat black setup on mine now. The PO replaced it all a few years ago with new mopar parts, No cracks, just a lil sunfaded... :brows:

That is the frontend I want for mine...

I'll swap you the grille and headlight bezels and stuff off that truck for the flat black setup on mine now. The PO replaced it all a few years ago with new mopar parts, No cracks, just a lil sunfaded... :brows:

That is the frontend I want for mine...

I can’t do that because I am putting that on the wife’s truck to make it look pretty

Also it has the tilt steering, so how do I go about finding what came on the truck from the factory.

call a dealership with the VIN.

That sunroof doesn't look like mine, but mines an 87. I've got a screw mechanism that pops the top, and genuine mopar labeled glass.

If it's got buckets it's probably a laredo or pioneer. I know that the pioneer was the top option in 87, cause that's what mine is, and it has all the goodies except AC.

the pioneers were available with no power optioins as well...my brother's 88 is proof. it never had a/c, bucket seats, or power windows or locks. it was a 2 wheel drive with black trim everywhere and a rear slider.

n69205416_30244584_4502.jpg

n69205416_30244585_4814.jpg

n69205416_30244586_5102.jpg

that's it after we converted it to 4wd and we put the new tires and rims on it.

n69205416_30244589_5973.jpg

and the new front end and rust-removed from everything and undercoated

n69205416_30244582_3925.jpg

chrome everything, power mirrors.

but basically, just cause it was one package doesn't mean that it had everything...you COULD customize it as a buyer to whatever you wanted from factory.

But I think yours is a genuine laredo package if it's tilt and buckets. is it power doors and locks?