1992: Stacy - Clutch Replacement 6/08

Well this is what happens when previous owner of your new tailgate switches the tailgate's hinges, rounds out the bolts and then you snap one off. :wall:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

So when you get it all fixed you celebrate..go hit some balls and have a beer with the old man. lol

Image Not Found

very good work....looks great!

Thanks man! She is a milion times better than what she was before...everytime I look at it I smile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack looking great man way to go.

Thanks man!

I'm off to go work on my rockers and change the diffs and tcase!

The count down till when school starts is 3 weeks and 1 day! And then I will be driving this baby 4 hours southwest into the commonwealth of Kentucky for second year of college. (things in bold are what I would like to be done before I leave)

Still left to do:

-Weld in the 2x4x3/8 square stock for rockers

-Change diffs & tcase fluid

-retorque wheel spacers

-Get new brakes front and rear

-get 98+ antenna mount - may try and upgrade to a 98+ antenna cable as well becasue my reception sucks

-Fix/adress SUPER slow windshield wiper motor

-Fix parking brake lever (flies all the way up next to the parking break realse, covering the lever to pop the hood)

Already done:

-Figure out why my belt squeels like a mofo (like its not moving) (alternator was seized up)

-Mild motor rebuild (for new head gasket)

-Change trans fluid

-Swap radio's (gotta have that HD radio!)

-Change out oil pressure sender

-Change out both temp readers

-Recover the headliner

-Swap in H4 headlights

-Install new shocks all around

-Install new steering stablizer

-Install new bed

-Install 97+ finders

-Install 97+ header panel

-Install 97+ mirrors

- 2" hubcentric wheel spacers

-New lugs all around

- 2" lift spacers to level out the front some

-Bondo work (needs more- probably next summer)

Thread name updated to Stacy. I've been told I cannot name any of our kids Stacy, so I'll call my truck Stacy instead. & yes its because of the song. lol

Welded in the pass side rocker today, a little bondo and that side will be done. Changed the tcase and diffs fluid I don't think it did that much but it feels like it drives smoother and damn was that fluid nasty. :puke: Sadly I didnt get any pictures of my diffs as my hands were all oily.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Still left to do: (bold is what I would like to get done before the 21st)

-Weld in the 2x4x3/8 square stock for rockers (Pass side is done will work on drivers thursday)

-retorque wheel spacers (again before I leave)

-get 98+ antenna mount - may try and upgrade to a 98+ antenna cable as well becasue my reception sucks

-Fix parking brake lever (flies all the way up next to the parking break realse, covering the lever to pop the hood)

Already done:

-Change front and rear diff fluid

-Change tcase fluid

-Figure out why my belt squeels like a mofo (like its not moving) (alternator was seized up)

-Change trans fluid

-Recover the headliner

-Swap in H4 headlights

-Install new bed

-Install 97+ finders

-Install 97+ mirrors

-New lugs all around

I got the rockers welded on today, and I'm going camping tomorrow. It's a 2.5/ 3 hour drive so Ill let ya all know how it goes! Wish me luck!

-retorque wheel spacers (again before I leave for school)

-Fix horn

-install 98+ antenna mount - may try and upgrade to a 98+ antenna cable as well becasue my reception sucks-coming in the mail and should be here the 10th

Already done:

-Change tcase fluid

-Change trans fluid

-Recover the headliner

-Swap in H4 headlights

-Install new bed

-Install 97+ finders

-Install 97+ mirrors

-New lugs all around

Took the Jeep out on a two hour drive to salt fork for a little camping and skeet shooting.

Image Not Found[/url]

And then he wanted to snuggle... lol

Image Not Found

Hehehe :shake:

Image Not Found

Haha so we forget stuff to start our fires with so we had to use the clay's boxes...if anyone wonders 288 clays fit on the passenger side floor lol that we all shot before 9 am :rock on:

Image Not Found

Saw these little babies at Walmart and they would not leave my truck alone

Image Not Found

And I saw this on the way home

Image Not Found

All and all it was a good weekend, and thankfully the truck had no mechanical issues. Except for the fact that I lost my brake lights, my dash lights and my turn signals. :wall:

- Fix turn signals and brake lights

-Fix horn

Already done:

-install 98+ antenna mount with new antenna and cables

-Change tcase fluid

-Change trans fluid

-Recover the headliner

-Swap in H4 headlights

-Install new bed

-Install 97+ finders

-Install 97+ mirrors

-New lugs all around

Got my stupid turn signals, brake lights and dash lights to work

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Painted my dash too, this is my before

Image Not Found

Here is the after shot for the dash, I used "hammered black" which has a little bit of 'texture' and I thought it matched good with fake leather print on the plastic..and IMO they do go well together.

Image Not Found

Still left to do:

-mount tool boxes with locks

Already done:

-Fix horn

-Change tcase fluid

-Change trans fluid

-Recover the headliner

-Swap in H4 headlights

-Install new bed

-Install 97+ finders

-Install 97+ mirrors

-New lugs all around

Nice work! Digging the paint! If you haven't already done this, you can take the spring out of the antenna wire in the pass side kick panel and you'll get better reception :thumbsup: the spring wears out and doesn't make a good connection on both sides and then your antenna is useless

Nice work! Digging the paint! If you haven't already done this, you can take the spring out of the antenna wire in the pass side kick panel and you'll get better reception :thumbsup: the spring wears out and doesn't make a good connection on both sides and then your antenna is useless

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Thanks for bumping me to my 4th page. lol

I'm not sure where that spring would be at. I already connected my 98+ wire to the 97- that goes to the head unit.. is that where the spring is at?

• 4 weeks later...

I think i saw your cherokee on craigslist a while back?? Almost called to make an offer. I'm out in galveston, IN, but i frequent your ohio classifieds  :thumbsup:

Nice looking truck, I'm going a similar route, but not as far along. Will be awaiting updates!

I think i saw your cherokee on craigslist a while back?? Almost called to make an offer. I'm out in galveston, IN, but i frequent your ohio classifieds  :thumbsup:

Nice looking truck, I'm going a similar route, but not as far along. Will be awaiting updates!

It was lol but my parents sold their car which my brother was using...so I gave it to him. hahaha

But I appreciate it man, it looks like our trucks might by twins!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went home for fall break and got sucked into help changing my brothers harmonic balancer, his bumper, his oil, and doing a tune up. lol And then I got sucked into helping my grandpa change his breaks. All in all I stilled enjoyed doing it...Better than sitting on my butt all day.

Image Not Found

I also changed out the exhaust on the MJ..Still has the cat and the stock piping the only thing I did was change the muffler.

• 1 month later...

Well as some of you my have seen I have been having some issues with keeping my motor running & I just pulled my codes and I got 12, 15, 21, 24, & 55

12- Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 Key-on cycles. ---normal

55-Completion of fault code display on Check Engine lamp. ---normal

15- No vehicle speed sensor signal detected during road load conditions.  --- unrelated, my speedo randomly starts and stops working after it sits for a while

21- Bad 02 sensor --- I actually just ordered a new one

24-Throttle position sensor input above or below acceptable voltage. TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor.

So here are the MAP, TPS, and 02 sensors I just ordered:

MAP---  45 bucks on amazon, 80 on quadratic. http://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automotive-33000153-MAP-Sensor/dp/B0094QJJKI

TPS--- http://www.amazon.com/Liter-Throttle-Position-Sensor-Cherokee/dp/B008OOQC2O

02 -- My 98 Cheorkee loves KGN, so I'm ordering one for my MJ. http://www.amazon.com/NGK-23023-Oxygen-Sensor/dp/B000C5PY1S/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Jeep|42&Model=Comanche|348&Year=1992|1992&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive

• 1 month later...

Well I havent had an update in a while, Ive just been too busy.

I got all the MAP, TPS, IAC, and 02 sensors changed out. No real pictures for that, its all pretty self explainitory.

The 02 sensor was a pos and pia to do..I even broke the autozone tool. Took a 18" breaker bar and a bunch of heat to get it out.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Then my truck died...bad battery and bad starter..the -10 below (actual temp) was pretty rough of em I guess.

Image Not Found

Factory starter...22 years and 200k miles. RIP little starter you lived a good life

Image Not Found

Got that redneck heat? Works amazingly well actually

Image Not Found

A picture I took for #MallCrawlinMonday #PoserStockFlex

Image Not Found

With working two winter jobs..well three actually...and taking a online winter term..I still found time to go hunting with the old man :yes:

Image Not Found

Still left to do:

-Fix/address SUPER slow windshield wiper motor

-Fix parking brake lever (flies all the way up next to the parking break realse, covering the lever to the hood pop)

-Fix windsheild leak

-Get new rear sliding window

-Get new bumper with safty chain slots to tow boat

-Drop oil pan and reallllly clean out the oil

Already done:

-Get new brakes

-retorque wheel spacers (again)

-mount tool boxes with locks

-Fix horn

-Change tcase fluid

-Change trans fluid

-Recover the headliner

-Swap in H4 headlights

-Install new bed

-Install 97+ finders

-Install 97+ mirrors

-New lugs all around

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well not much to update about other than the slave in took a dumb on itself...

The process itself was pretty darn easy and simple. Getting the output shaft in and out was the biggest pain of the whole thing. I can link the write ups I used if anyone is interested on that, it's veen covered enough I don't feel I need to go over it again. lol

It just barely fit (with 2" backspacing) - same gap both sides

I really didnt get any good pictures of it out, I was scrambling to get it all put back together since it died the weekend before I had to move 4 hours into my new apartment.

Old Sachs clutch

Old orginal slave..not sure why they didnt change it out at the same time..probably because the quick disconnect was broken...

I could not find a transmission jack ANYWHERE locally. So I had to do what I didn't want to do and use regular foor jacks..three of them to be exact. You can also see the slave line I cut the ge the trans off and out. I had to use a angle grinder and cut the hose off after....BTW  THEY DO NOT MAKE THE PLASTIC HARD LINE ANYMORE.

A new slave was a 120 bucks and a new clutch kit was a 135. So that was a no brainer, it has a brand new LuK clutch in it now.

• 1 month later...

Well folks this is the end of time being an MJ owner. I sold my truck last Wednesday and picked up that YJ Saturday. If and when it's new owner makes a build thread I will the thread here. It's bitter sweet because I have wanted a wrangler since before I could drive but I loved that truck..Gonna be one of those you always miss a little deep down inside.

And my new pig..

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the new owner's thread: http://comancheclub.com/topic/43778-new-member-in-tn/

It'll be sad to see you go but I'm glad the MJ is staying in the family. He's got big plans for it and it seems like he's going to act on them pretty fast. Good luck with the YJ!

Thank you sir, yeah he's a good guy.

And thanks Ive wanted a wrangler of a while now and broke even on the manche so what the heck right? ... :(