87 Comanche

hello yall i might not get the afore metioned comanche in opt for one closer (less than a mile from my uncle's house) the new one is almost the same except its color, and rims/tires. the details year '86 2.8L engine ran out of oil but reportlly still runs, 5spd trans 4x4 believe its a longbed (getting vin this weekend for confirmation), the interior is good bed is good was flat towed behind a rv most of the time. only thing i got to sell my vehicle first because he's not accepting trades. found a junkyard 3.4L its cost was about $300.

thanks for the info shelbyluvv i didnt know that bit of info i guess thats given it hasn't been to long since i saw my first mj and when i did i completely forgot about the vehicle i when to see orignally. now I just have to wait for my blazer to sell so i can pick up a mj

If it has the 2.8, it is a long bed. All 86s were long beds.

I'm pretty sure the second demo I had at the dealership was a red shortbed. You sure on that? I seem to remember noting that I woild never order another shortbed after having a longbed for my first demo. The longbeds rode so much better.

Maybe the red one was a longbed then. It was a 4 cylinder, so must have been an 86. Once the 4.0 came out, I never went back.....

My first demo was an 86 white MJ accented in the Renault factory racing colors. Was supposed to be used for a shop truck. I had the accents re-painted.

ill post some pics of the one that is closest to me, which is the main one I'm looking at, when i go by to look at it again

is there anyone on here that can get a history of the truck if i get the vin?

I don't know about history, but get the vIN anyway.

If you can get a good deal then buy it. It would be real nice if he got control arms and or drop brackets with it and depending how old it is it could have full length front coils.

I bought a RRO lift about 5 years ago and most of the original kit is still in use between my two Jeeps and I have yet to have a single problem with any part of it.

Now if you were talking buying new from them then there are probably better companies to do business with. But if I needed something from them I wouldnt have a problem buying from them again.

thanks mmkyboy off the top of my head i don't think he mentioned anything about drop kits and control arms but he did mention a otr steering kit that came from RRO.

is RRO control arms similar to the control arms off a wj or something i read about it in another post?

No, the wj arms are stock length,RRO has longer fixed length arms for lifted rigs and they also have adjustable arms with Curry Johny joints.

If he doesnt have them its not a huge deal, you can get adjustable arms from a lot of companies.

cool i was just checking my email and saw that a lot of my friends that owned toyotas and about two cherokees used RRO when i they purchesed lifts for their vehicles.

the owner of this comanche that I'm looking at is holding the truck for me, when i asked him about he said that most of the miles was from being flat towed behind a camper and for extra $100 i can get the tow bracket and possiblly the bar with truck and he said the truck was getting about 30 mpg when he was using it but I'm skeptical about the claimed mpg