ripped off on ebay, ripped up by ups (dial-up beware!)

feerocknok

Sorry, negative post, but I need to vent. I just bought a "refurbished" Rusty's track bar from eBay for $76 dollars, and paid $70 (yeah, a crapload) to get it shipped 2-day air so I could make it to an out-of-town concert tonight.

UPS took 3 days to ship it and it got here at 5. They guarentee 2 day shipping and for the package to arrive between noon and 5 on the 2nd day.

So, I finally get the package, an hour to late to leave and open it up.

I was sent a pretty messed up track bar. Mechanically it will work, but cosmeticly the thing's hashed. There are vice marks all over it, lots of missing power coating, gnarled threads, the bushing sleeve is damaged, and there is grease on the metal area near the bushing. The description stated only that was a part refurbished by Rusty's Offroad and showed a picture of a new part.

:headpop:

Pics!

Video!

Anyways, the pictures and videos aren't the greatest but I think they show enough. I'm just going to try to get my $50 upgrade to 2nd-day shipping back from him. That'll pretty much mean I bought it for $96 and got free shipping, which I think is fair for this piece of equipment.

Rant over!

And thank you for you time.

that wasn't ups' fault entirely. they shouldn't have even sent that item at that price. bastards ripped you off

I'm not as upset as UPS as these things happen, but the (astericks) that sent me the part knowing rightfully well that it wasn't the part shown in the picture.

Well that is typical Rusty's service. The reason why you probrably didntget it when promised was it wasnt shipped early enough by the supplier. I have ordered stuff from him before and it has taken 3 weeks to get stuff that he had in stock.... so I don't deal with him no more. I don't know what a new Track bar costs, but by the sounds of it.. you got screwed

From reading the original post it seems as someone was selling their used track bar and stole a picture of a new one from Rustys website.

That's what happened.

It's $140 I think straight from Rusty's new, and I payed $145 shipped 2-day for a "refurbished" part. The guy won't respond to my e-mails, so I don't know where to take this next.

Tell eBay!!!!! I once bought a "NIB" item that was no where near New In Box. eBay has a system for handling things like this. I got the majority of my money back. Then I like to think that charges were filed and someone went to jail, but eBay isn't about to tell me what they did to that asshat so it's left to my imagination. :D

E-bay may or may not do anything. I got something 3 yrs ago paid 375 and he did not ship. All PayPal and E-bay did was say sorry and block his account. Credit Card co. did give me my money back and charge PayPal which made them happy :D Also for anything under $500 the police will not do anything out of state, unless you want to go to his location and file, but the first time you do not show up they will drop all charges.

Charles