Leaking Fuel Injectors

well i went to advance got new o rings installed them and my injectors are still leaking not all of them thoguh there leaking from the orings shoul i just let it sit and maybe it will seal?

If you put them on all the way into the fuel rail and head, they shouldnt leak. I don't remember where I got them, but I got 6 rebuilt high-impedance injectors for $120 and they work great, I gained power but lost a little mpg. They snapped into the head real easy, but I sprayed carbeurator cleaner on the rail-end injectors (because it was a tight fit) and the whole thing slipped on. I believe the black rings go on the rail-end and the brown ones go in the head.

FIRE BAD !!!

Replace the whole bunch of them.

If you go to the auto parts store you'll find out that EACH stock injector costs $50-$55 ...aka $300+...(I just about crapped myself). For that price you'll get the same old leaky style injectors.

I bought these for both my rigs...they're great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-BOSCH-III-4-HOLE-UPGRADE-FUEL-INJECTORS-87-98-JEEP-4-0-TJ-WJ-XJ-YJ-ZJ-/150983767270?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23275574e6&vxp=mtr

They come with o-rings and are ready to pop in. Do it!!

FIRE BAD !!!

Replace the whole bunch of them.

If you go to the auto parts store you'll find out that EACH stock injector costs $50-$55 ...aka $300+...(I just about crapped myself). For that price you'll get the same old leaky style injectors.

I bought these for both my rigs...they're great.

http://www.ebay.com/...75574e6&vxp=mtr

They come with o-rings and are ready to pop in. Do it!!

thank you i might go that way if my injectors are bad after i change out the o rings but i havent had the truck running in about 5 years. And before i go dumping money into i wanna get it running first I'm looking for just the orings there self.

Thank you very much also does anyone know where to get one of the little clips that connect the injector to the rail i have lost one :doh:

You can pull them from a junk yard for cheap, they may just five them too you if you end up getting something else. Auto stores in general should have them

And changing the o rings in the injectors was the simplest thing I have done to dads Comanche

iv done some research and i think these are the o rings i need are these the ones you got? http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=FPGES70599_0147673119

also do you know what those little clips are called I'm having trouble finding them thanks alot youve been a great help

Leaky O ring aren't so bad. Seriously, a little engine fire never hurt a Jeep. It'll clean up the built up oily residue on the inner fender wells and firewall.

Just ensure that when the fire starts, you have a proper extinguisher and let it go for a while to burn off any oily deposits. It'll be a lot easier than scrubbing the engine compartment.

Leaky O ring aren't so bad. Seriously, a little engine fire never hurt a Jeep. It'll clean up the built up oily residue on the inner fender wells and firewall.

Just ensure that when the fire starts, you have a proper extinguisher and let it go for a while to burn off any oily deposits. It'll be a lot easier than scrubbing the engine compartment.

So tempting, but my insurance company might drop my if I try it

iv done some research and i think these are the o rings i need are these the ones you got? http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=FPGES70599_0147673119

also do you know what those little clips are called I'm having trouble finding them thanks alot youve been a great help

I got my kit from advance auto parts. They called it a fuel rail o ring kit. It came with 12 o rings and a little tool to put the rings on the injectors.

Just remember there is a little metal spacer disc thing on the rail side of the injector that you will need to keep up with. I need to check my pictures from the other day that may help

I got my kit from advance auto parts. They called it a fuel rail o ring kit. It came with 12 o rings and a little tool to put the rings on the injectors.

Just remember there is a little metal spacer disc thing on the rail side of the injector that you will need to keep up with. I need to check my pictures from the other day that may help

i also thought there was a little spacer but shen i took it all apart i didnt see any. but i didnt disconect the fuel rail completly but tomarrow when i redo it I'm gonna take the fuel rail off. then put the injectors in one by one into the fuel rail.

I could only find one good photo from the other day...

14817_10200215859939714_1561959098_n.jpg

so to break it down.

This is an injector with out the spacer and o-ring

735235_10200215859619706_263475595_n.jpg

here is a out of focus picture of the metal spacer

602714_10200215859499703_1012529367_n.jpg

and on the felt is an injector with the o-ring and spacer, toe one on the right just has the spacer on it.

484647_10200215859819711_2106031665_n.jpg

I did have 2 of the rail side o-rings and spacers get stuck in the fuel rail, and used a very small allen wrench to get them out.

we cleaned the injectors with sea foam, and cleaned the injector port on the engine with carb cleaner. dads MJ no longer has a leaking fuel rail or a tapping engine.