Leaking Fuel Injectors

This morning I went out to jump start dads mj, while the hood was up I saw that 2 of the injectors and the ports for them was oil free, and noticed that the clips had come undone. After I started the jeep and moved it closer to the shed I checked it again and they where leaking fuel where the injector connects to the fuel rail. How do I reconnect these clips, or should I replace all the injectors? If I replace them what should I get?

3ase8uhe.jpg

puzyte6u.jpg

Thanks

a "project" mj i have had 4 out of 6 leaking injectors ... after disassembling the fuel rail and replacing all (2 on each injector) the o-rings and re-assemble , no leaks ! yes , make sure the clips are in good condition and are "locked" on ! :MJ 1: :banana: ( oh , napa stocks the o-rings)

Hopefully you got this figured out by now, but the clips push off the collars using something like a flat blade screwdriver (You'll be pushing towards the manifold so be careful that it doesn't spring off into the black hole of your engine bay). Next push the fuel rail onto the injector. You will see a groove on each side of the injector. The shelf below the slots (windows) in the clips go into these grooves). The slots on the clip go over the flared part that the injectors plug into. Like everyone said, you might as well replace the orings while you are at it. It's 5 dollars in parts and about 30 minutes of your time. If the injector near the hoodlatch is leaking, the fuel will ignite if the manifold gets hot enough. It then may melt the hood latch cable and you won't be able to open the hood to put the fire out. Just sayin :dunno:

Yep.

I know a guy from the early days of NAXJA who knew his injectors were leaking. He drove his VERY customized rig to the dealership to buy new O-rings, paid his money, and walked out of the parts department to find his Jeep in flames.

DO NOT DRIVE IT UNTIL IT'S FIXED.

Hopefully you got this figured out by now, but the clips push off the collars using something like a flat blade screwdriver (You'll be pushing towards the manifold so be careful that it doesn't spring off into the black hole of your engine bay). Next push the fuel rail onto the injector. You will see a groove on each side of the injector. The shelf below the slots (windows) in the clips go into these grooves). The slots on the clip go over the flared part that the injectors plug into. Like everyone said, you might as well replace the orings while you are at it. It's 5 dollars in parts and about 30 minutes of your time. If the injector near the hoodlatch is leaking, the fuel will ignite if the manifold gets hot enough. It then may melt the hood latch cable and you won't be able to open the hood to put the fire out. Just sayin :dunno:

Thank you! This is what I was asking for, hopefully this weekend I will be able to replace the o rings

Good luck, the operation is pretty straight forward. Advance Auto has the o ring pack for 4.98. Use vaseline or wd-40 to lube them up so they don't get cut. You may have to rock and twist the injector to get it to seat. You should feel it "pop" when fully seated. Also make sure that the manifold (engine side) hole is clean of debris, or it won't allow a good seal. Do ALL of the injectors at the same time, even the non leakers, because the act of pulling the fuel rail and unseating the others to leak due to old o-rings. You do not need to remove plug wires to replace the rings. and MAKE SURE TO KEEP TRACK OF WHICH PLUG WENT WHERE. Re-assemble in this order. Plug all injectors into fuel rail, attach clips, plug entire assembly into manifold. Happy hunting.