Interests On Group By For Smsheadliners Custom Made Headliners For The Comanche

a1500ram

54Bobby

I already custom make 6 different headliners and I am the only one that makes them for the jeep grand wagoneer and j series trucks.

I having a hard time convincing my wife. If we were under a different regime in the whitehouse I would seriously consider it. But that is a different topic for another forum.

This is actually my 30th year working with headliners. I have a skilled trade in furniture upholstery....2nd generation. I am retired military USAF and a gulf war veteran. I am a power system coordinator with the power company here.

I will be eligible to retire in July of this year so I have been contemplating operating my business fulltime more than I already am doing. But just don't know yet.

Thanks for your vote of confidence ,

Steve

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW headliners fall into a category of an old saying...

"a hound dog can whip a skunk, but sometimes it just ain't worth it"

The BMW headliners can be very time consuming to remove and reinstall especially if they have a sunroof.

I have done one ....it was my first and my last

BMW headliners fall into a category of an old saying...

"a hound dog can whip a skunk, but sometimes it just ain't worth it"

The BMW headliners can be very time consuming to remove and reinstall especially if they have a sunroof.

I have done one ....it was my first and my last

hey steve, u don't have to tell me. ask me how i know. oh yea, i have a sun roof too.

Got mine today. Ive got it laying out to loose the curve. How long can i wait to install it? Better to store rolled if going to be awhile?<br />

You can install it same day or wait.  I would recommend leaving it in the box until your ready to install.  When you get ready to install it, curve the sides in or pull the sides in a little and this should stiffen the sides of the panel a little but enough to help take the curve out.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Got it installed today. It's good, although not perfect, its steps above what I had. The issues i had were back corner on driver side didn't fit well. and it creased on each side when locked in with clips so grab bar screws fit. I set it in place with painters tape over the Velcro so i could maneuver it easier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skidoo_j/sets/72157632907708839/

8527296410_6c1d3164d0_b.jpg

8527293036_3e47b529a9_b.jpg

I finally got around to installing mine this past weekend.  I had the same troubles that everyone else has commented on.  Fitment in the front was good, fitment on the sides was average and the headliner needed to be creased to get into place.  Fitment in the rear...well, I wasn't able to finish the rear because I can't get the trim panels in without a lot of force and I'm afraid I'm going to snap the 20+ year old brittle plastic.  Going to give it another go later this week and I'll get some pictures, but the pics in the post above are basically exactly what I was seeing with my panel.  You can see how the rear panels are being pushed downward because there seems to be too much material in that area.

My front and sides fit fine, the fitment problems I have are in the rear, more at the left (driver) side than the right. The cab corner piece is pushed away at the window opening. From outside you can see the plastic in the glass area. I had a small buckle approximately behind the drivers head area, but worked that out by moving things on the velcro.

And in the front, without some velcro to hold things in place it sort of sagged down, put some velcro there it is good now. Do it before you start it will make it easier. Try to have the "J" hooks for both sides, also, I only had one.

All in all, I am very pleased with it, my options were very limited. The 3 factory boards I have, none were good candidates.

My feeling is that the new board needs a bit more "cup" in the back corners, or perhaps some trimming on the bottom edge?   I considered using a heat gun to soften things and push it more into the corner, but did not.

In any event, it is far and away the best looking part of my interior, and I for one am glad to have it!  My crummy old visors look pretty shoddy, but Steve is taking care of that for me!

Thank you thank you thank you

Yes, very full.  I had a few hundred PMs in there and when we switched to the new forum/layout, it kept all of my old messages, but capped the PMs at 200.  I haven't gone through them yet to figure out which ones I care about and which I can throw away so e-mail is the best way to get in touch with me: kerrt43@gmail.com

Yes, very full. I had a few hundred PMs in there and when we switched to the new forum/layout, it kept all of my old messages, but capped the PMs at 200. I haven't gone through them yet to figure out which ones I care about and which I can throw away so e-mail is the best way to get in touch with me: kerrt43@gmail.com

Email sent

I finally got around to installing mine this past weekend.  I had the same troubles that everyone else has commented on.  Fitment in the front was good, fitment on the sides was average and the headliner needed to be creased to get into place.  Fitment in the rear...well, I wasn't able to finish the rear because I can't get the trim panels in without a lot of force and I'm afraid I'm going to snap the 20+ year old brittle plastic.  Going to give it another go later this week and I'll get some pictures, but the pics in the post above are basically exactly what I was seeing with my panel.  You can see how the rear panels are being pushed downward because there seems to be too much material in that area.

That about sums up my photos.   The drivers rear plastic won't sit all the way down, so it's visible through the rear window.   I'm hoping maybe it will relax shortly and I'll be able to get the screw in that's above the cab lights. 

That about sums up my photos. The drivers rear plastic won't sit all the way down, so it's visible through the rear window. I'm hoping maybe it will relax shortly and I'll be able to get the screw in that's above the cab lights.

Pm sent