Value Of My Heep....

H3RESQ

Ok, first off I should tell you that in NO WAY is my MJ for sale.

I had an interesting conversation the other day with a couple friends, and then was looking through the for sale section on here. This makes me ask the question to you guys....true comanche fans. What do you think my MJ would/could sell for.....

I know what I think its worth in my head...I also know what I have into it. I also know what the true build total on it is to this point (what was invested prior to me buying it). I'm just curious what people on here think its worth if sold today.

A reminder of some basics. Complete swap, built stroker motor. built 44's (hp front, 30 spline, ctm's, arb) 35 spline, arb rear.

Bilsien coilovers all around with air bumps, all alum. suspension links.. etc etc. etc.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/27668-h3resqs-dream-mj-the-build-continues/

I am usually astonished at the selling price for built rigs on pirate, so I assume the value I come up with is low.

I would say $15-20k to the right person. If it was on built one tons, $20-25.

Ya....I choose 44's for clearance. I like to have to drive my rigs. 60's would be so overkill and a loss of clearance running my little 35's. 44's built like these are more than enough for the rig and tire combo. I would have to completely re work suspension for any thing more than 37's. these axles are built well enough for 37's. I agree that no matter how built, 44's just don't have the same appeal as 60's. That said, 44's were the right axle for this build.

Go have it appraised. I bet since its a Comanche, the book values will apply and you'll only get a very small bump for all the extras. It'll probably grade out at an "excellent" condition and price out what the book says an MJ or 97+ XJ in that condition would price at.

Every built Jeep I see at an auction always goes for an embarrassingly low price. Look at all the TV auction shows that rebuild muscle cars that are out there. There's just not as big a market or demand for Jeeps. I don't care if it's a Shelby or an SS Camaro, 100k is just a rip off. Most jeeps are far rarer. For instance concours quality Jeepsters and Commandos go for pennies and they're rarer than those "rare" muscle cars that go for stupid money.

Wranglers and CJ8s hold there value well. Rarer CJ6s do not.

Unfortunately for us, based on auction prices for far rarer jeeps, we must accept the reality that our MJs will never be worth much.

AFAIK, the most valuable Jeeps are truly restored Wagoneers (because they're still a status symbol), followed by WWII MBs and GPWs, then maybe restored Gladiator trucks and first gen Jeepsters. Restored and perfect waggys are 30-35k, WWII jeeps go 5-20K. Everything else is usually 5-10K.

I'm only considering older jeeps not newer used JKs and I'm not considering short production runs of military aluminum body models, or special duty units like the military dual cab FC170s or very rare civilian Agri-jeeps with implements.

Unfortunately for us, and other guys in other Jeep circles , we're stuck in a niche enthusiast market.

I'd give a kidney for a fully loaded 92' or to have my loaded 86' XLS back. But they'd go for peanuts at auction.

I have sold a couple rigs in the past, I have watched Pirate for years. People never get what they want for a rig, or anything close to what is into it. I at this point do not care what my rig is worth, but after the conversation with my buddy's the other day I thought I would ask on here. This truck is pointless to be "booked" or "appraised". Appraising it would only be for insurance purpose and nothing else in case I got sideswiped by some drunk.

I can tell you there is well over 40k retail in parts alone in this truck. Labor is also pointless, it is worth nothing.

To see were the conversation goes.....I believe the truck could sell for 25k. It would take someone to see it in person, see the quality of it, and of course have a pocket book, oh and the ride along would be what really sells this thing. I've owned 4 MJ's and this is like nothing else I have ever owned.

I think its worth 20k, but really its priceless to me.

I could see someone giving you $20k for it,especially if you gave it a new coat of paint.

I think it helps that I have seen it up close in person.

But as you said it would take the right guy with the right pocket book, people with money to play with look at things a little different.

I could see the right person spending $20k on it. I would actually sell mine for $15k if someone offered, but I've got a lot less in mine than you do. The problem with upgrading parts is let's say your stroker motor cost $3500, its not like you're selling the truck with two motors, so you can't ask anywhere close to what was spent on upgrading.

I'm glad you're not selling, but for the sake of the argument I'd say $15k easy and $20k for the patient seller.

Ya....thats why I think its worth 20k. Its used goods. Its the quality of fab, the parts, and its on AND offroad abilitys. Its also the little details that make the difference in a sale. Feels stock and clean on inside, great stereo, guages, incab winch control, power options, alarm, corbeau heated seats, etc. A very clean, comfortable, and usable interior, and the ability to truly cruise at 70 with no problems. Then outside is all buisness with suspension, selectable lockers, and more than enough motor. Its a complete truck. .....and still has a usable bed.

The only issue I see with it that could hurt the value is that it's purpose-built, which drastically limits your market. I think you could list for 20K and might be able to get 16K if you sit on it for a while. If you needed a quick sell, it'd for for 12-14K.