My new Comanche Project.

I picked up this MJ awhile ago. Its an 88 Sportruck 2.5 4 speed 2wd. I am in the process of making it a 4x4. In the last month I have removed the old cracked up decals, put an XJ prop valve in and new line, ZJ coils, buckets from an XJ, swapped the cluster for gauges, cleaned everything, installed a stock stereo, and a million other little things. I have already swapped in a HP30 and new track bar as well as new rancho shocks. Today I boled on a set of 29 inch super swampers but it got to dark to take any pics. I will post those up in the next couple days. Let me know what you think of my MJ. Keep in mind this started out as a $150 truck.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I have a 35 with 4.10s and a Lockrite that will be up for sale soon but its in SC. Plus if you had a D30 that has 3.73 in it or whatever the carrier break is so i can put 4.88s in it we could work something out I'm sure. ;) :brows: Just an idea

Cole

The one on the trailer is a 94 chevy truck that I am parting out. It got hit in the left rear tire and it tore the front spring hanger off the frame.

I have my 91 black eliminator (my baby), 86 longbox parts ride, 2 88 shortbox 2.5s. The yellowish one I am converting to 4x4 it only has 129k original miles on it. The other short box is white and will prolly get knocked in the head. So currently I have 4 but have owned over 10 of them. I just can't get enough of them.

Thanks for the compliment on the ElCamino. i just got it a few months ago. I pulled the 3.8 out and got a 355 sitting in there just need to finish it up. I put all the f41 suspension stuff on it. Electric fans of an intrepid and so on.

Could you do me a huge favor??? :D Since you put ZJ coils in the front, could I get a center-of-hub to bottom-of-flare measurement off yours? We've got the same driveline, and I'm trying to match my front to the lift I got in the back with new leafpacks (now at 20.5"). I've got a couple different options to lift the front, including a set of ZJ springs, and was going to experiment this weekend. From your pic, it looks like you got about 3" with them, which is eggzachary what I need :D

Thanks!

Jeff

You right Pete you can never have to many MJs. I just bought my acrage in October so now I have 3 acres to spread them out on. I beleive the are bias TSLs, 29x10.50x15s with almost new tread on them. I only paid 200 for the set and I had the wheels. For being pretty much stock it loks pretty mean, I think.

You bet I will measure that for ya. I know it raised me about 2.5 inches over the old 4 banger springs.

They only issue you might have with the rear is if you remove the gears to put it in your axle the gears will not be to happy. They have broke in while in that housing so they get a wear pattern only that axle produces so if you swap housings they may blow up quick. I would just swap complete axle assemblys out cause that is easy as takeing bolts out. ANyway it will be out in july and i will let you know.

Cole

I bought a AX4 from a junkyard for $100 and they brought it over to my shop last week. Its tailshaft housing was wrapped in shrink wrap. I went to put in last night and unwrapped the tail, and it was cracked. Called them this morning and told them the problem. They sent out another one off the shelf. They stopped by an hour ago swapped me out trannies. After they left I decided to check out the new one. Tore the wrapping off and start shifting it through the gears and what do you know they sent me an AX5. We all get lucky sometimes plus the Jeep dealer called me and my linkage bracket is in. Now I just need driveshafts.