Rubicon Express Control Arm Problem

Maybe it's just an optical illusion from the camera angle and the angle on the ends, but the tips with the holes in them don't look quite parallel to each other?

What I'm thinking is the end should look something like this: -<= but the = opens up, instead of staying parallel. Even if that's the case, I still could be very wrong, don't know what they're supposed to look like.

I'd expect there should be some kind of spacer in there anyway. Maybe throw in some washers temporarily? I don't see that being too great for the longevity of the bolts...

Not supposed to be a gap like that. I myself run Rock Krawler adjustable upper control arms. One of the best parts between the cobbled together front suspensions of both Wilbur and Sparkles, and besides springs and spacers the only parts I have never had a problem with and I could never find anything to complain about.

That is wrong. But I don't think its your fault. My old RE arms did not install like that.

You could pull the arm, apply heat and hit with a BFH. I wouldn't try to close the entire gap with the stock UCA bolts. They are pretty pathetic.

I had a JKS UCA have a little more slop at the axle bushing than I liked. Installed with a grade 8 washer 5+ years ago and it is still going strong.