1988 Horn Not Working

Alright guys, I hate to keep starting threads like this but I've searched high and low and can't find a clear solution.

I desperately need to get my truck inspected (EXP 6/12) and the last thing on the Texas DPS list that I need is a working horn.

So I've disconnected the horn button panel from the wheel and there are two wires. One running from the column

to the button and one running from the button to nowhere. I know that the second slides into a hole on the column

but still does not activate the horn while the truck is running. I've looked under the front bumper, drivers side

and cannot find the horn. I'm lost and this is my only day off.. I need HELP!!!

Horn:

Under the front bumper:

So as far as I can see the only thing under the front bumper is the front left turn signal. There is nothing below it,

not the horn or anything for that matter.

Please, any help would be much obliged!!

Thanks,

Brett

Yea that's not there on mine, however there is a wire running to nothing, so I guess the PO removed the horn for whatever reason. On the bright side I fixed the horn button to where the relay now makes a clicking noise in the fuse box. So that's some silver lining. To rockauto I go..

I picked up a full set of horns off a '73 cadillac for my dad's van at a jy a few years ago with a few other things for $15, and just wired them in parallel off the power wire to the old single horn. Any horn will work, but some horns ground through the mount and some have a separate ground wire.

In Ontario a doorbell can count as a horn to pass an inspection, or at least I know a guy who got away with it. I can't speak for Texas though.

Found a set of both high tone and low tone OE horns on teamcherokee.com for $20. They have the Original bolts and brackets so I don't have to rig anything up, just wire in and go, so I went ahead and did that. $35 with shipping, so not that bad.

Just make sure you mount them with the bell mouth facing down. I put some aftermarket horns on from a 63 Buick Electra 225 once and stupidly mounted them with the mouth up. They were LOUD! But after a rainstorm I tried them again and they sounded like a drowning cow with both HI and LO tones. Both horns were filled with H2O. Live and learn.............