4X4 Question - Cad Delete

When I swapped in the AW4 I had to get a matching spline transfer case. So, from Renix to HO, no more CAD. But I have the thing on the road and I have not yet done the CAD delete, locked over. Everything else is hooked up...what can I say, I've procrastinated.

So if I engage the transfer case with the lever, and the axle is not locked over and has no vacuum, do I then have 3 wheel drive, or is the whole axle just free spinning??

Also, I thought I saved the lock over directions, I know it's pretty simple. Can one of you fine folks link me to a good CAD delete write-up? Simple yes, I just want to look at it again.

1. Place oil pan under CAD actuator housing on axle.

2. Remove CAD actuator.

3. Slide collar over to lock axle shafts together.

4. Reinstall CAD actuator upside down.

5. Plug vacuum ports on CAD actuator and vacuum lines.

6. Top off you differential oil.

7. Enjoy 4wd.

also you could get a axle shaft out of a non cad axle and remove all the inner guts of the cad the newer one piece aqxle shaft will slide right in

IIRC don't you have to pull the carrier if you do this and change the axle seal at the pumpkin as the seal with the cad axle set is after the CAD.

IIRC don't you have to pull the carrier if you do this and change the axle seal at the pumpkin as the seal with the cad axle set is after the CAD.

Yes.

Much easier to just lock the CAD in the engaged position unless you need the strength of the one-piece axle shaft for off-road use with large tires.