Window Seem/rail?

Hey guys.

I have.notice some vertical scratches on the outside of my drivers window lately and I noticed the railing that 'clips' on on the outside is corroding away... just wanted to ask what have y'all done if this has happened to you?

How would I stop the scratches?

Is there a place you can get a replacement rail for the inside and outside?

Thanks

Against my better judgement of posting a close up picture of my MJ, (because its best viewed from 50 feet away), here's a close up of the later XJ seals on the MJ.

Note the quarter windows, I cut the seals off at that point with an angle grinder cutting blade and just left the outer moulding portion. The quarter windows have there own seal so it wasn't critical.

Just be judicious with the knife or cutting wheel and be carefull trimming the seals. I'm sure someone may have done it different but I was happy with this. Also, there is nothing keeping the front remaining portion of the newer seals connected to the doors, I just bent the metal until it was relatively straight but bent into the door with a little bit of pressure. You could use a small bead of rtv along the two seals at the quarter window to keep the remaining portion of the new seal glued to the door tightly, although I didn't, just now thought of it.

This eliminated the clips and the seals on the window are a much improved design over the original seals. Not my idea at all, I got it from that link I posted above.

Jay

8087399297_dff6b1ea74_z.jpg

8087400749_0c2799f992_b.jpg

Ok so its just the bottom lining on the window of the 97+ cherokees? And just use some rtv or something to seal it on?

And I'll have to check tomorrow at the dealership.. I work across the street from one... :rolleyes: