Rusty's Lift, Then What For Rear?

I put the "Rusty's" 8.5 lift on her, but then I look at how the rear end is just holding on by just shocks and leafs. Seems that it looks "basic" and not too stout. What can I do to "beef it up", plus, the rear is needing a bob-job....if anything, just a couple of inches. I don't like where the back leaf spring brackets are nor do I like how long the springs are due to twisting and whatever......So, What do I do on a smaller budget? I want to beef up the rear end. What are some of my options. I prefer ease as much as possible, with the biggest bang for the buck.

Please help me figure this out to have a nice setup on the rear!

Thank you.

Doug

They may not look "stout" to you, but I've never heard of anyone ripping a leaf spring off unless significant rust was involved. :dunno:

but it sounds like you're looking to go with a 4 link out back. research, research, research! the specific geometry of a 4link will determine how it reacts when you hit the gas or power up a hill. get the numbers wrong and you'll be redoing it. :(

If you're concerned about extra strength, you could add some plates to the front spring eyelet mounts and you can also add a plate to act as a skid plate on the front eyelet. Then make/or order some aftermarket rear shackles. I have JKS shackles, much beefier than stock. You can get them from just about any vendor.