Wanted Temporarily - Mj Rear Load Sensing Brake Valve....

to experiment with. Preferably from a 91-92 MJ, but I'm not fussy as long as the valve arm will rotate freely from 360*. I want to determine what position of the valve shaft flat passes the most fluid. I will pay your postage and return the valve to you in the same condition I received it when completed. Muchos gracias amigos.

Don,

I'm pondering removing mine, but it's an 88. However I may do just the very thing you're wanting to do...just take it off and fiddle with it. See what position does what, how much and when, it would be interesting to know definitively. When I (or you) figure it out I may decide to keep it or just go ahead with the delete.

:popcorn:

It would be interesting to know if a Toyota valve works the same way?? They are still available new. The "book" says the bushing needs to be removed and discarded when making adjustments FYI.

It would be interesting to know if a Toyota valve works the same way?? They are still available new. The "book" says the bushing needs to be removed and discarded when making adjustments FYI.

Yes, the Toy valve works the same way and I've been looking at them. Dodge p/u trucks and some vans also had them and they look like they would be easier to plumb in.

The bushing is a plastic piece that determines the arm's position on the splined valve shaft. Using care, mine came off easily and I've repositioned it a couple of times. But most will probably not come off w/o breaking or buggering up the splines; I think that's why the FSM says you MUST replace it. Poppycock! :yes:

Just crawl under the truck and look. As the bed lowers it moves the rod connecting to the lever. Which way does the lever move? That's the position for maximum flow. I think. Isn't it?. :dunno:

Maybe, maybe not. That's why I want one from a 90 or above to bench test. You can't take them apart to decrud them. Got one Jim?

Maybe, maybe not. That's why I want one from a 90 or above to bench test. You can't take them apart to decrud them. Got one Jim?

Wish I did. All I got is '86-89. Looking for a 90-91-92. Figured my suggestion was so obvious you'd already thought of it.

I have the one that is still attached in my '92, tt's been deleted so it's just chilling in there. I'm not sure where the bracket that bolts to the axle went and the end of the rod that connects to that bracket looks a little beat up (the bracket on the prop valve and that end of the rod are fine) but it doesn't sound like you need those. It turns a full 360 on the lever that goes into the actual prop piece still. I can get it off in the next day or two if no one sent one to you yet.

I have mine, but its kinda tricky, how would i tell if its a 90 or not? I just recently removed it from my truck cause i didnt like all the brake lines running all over the place. BUT if you could determine it works i would like to reinstall it. Its not in mint condition, but it still rotates perfectly free.

just one question, who's paying for shipping?? :peek:

Load sensing valve was deleted before I got my new project(89 4.0, auto), so given their total lack of availability I just today installed a new metering block with a proportioning valve to compensate. I know that it's not the same thing but will this get the job done. I have no plans for hauling huge loads but it is after all a pickup so I'm sure that it will happen and I do plan to do some towing, safety is of great concern to me. Any thoughts?

Thanx

Eric

I have mine, but its kinda tricky, how would i tell if its a 90 or not? I just recently removed it from my truck cause i didnt like all the brake lines running all over the place. BUT if you could determine it works i would like to reinstall it. Its not in mint condition, but it still rotates perfectly free.

just one question, who's paying for shipping?? :peek:

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the 89 and below MJs had an external helper spring wrapped around the valve arm and splined shaft. The 90 and above did not. But the diagram in the parts manuals is sketchy at best. The valve bodies themselves look identical and I'm certain they were all made by the same manufacturer. My 91 has no external spring; this is the one I'm looking for. The 89 and below and the 90 and above also had a different adjustment procedure and different angle measurement tools required. And of course, as previously stated, I will pay for shipping. No worries. Would like to get this resolved on the bench so it could help everyone decide whether to delete, adjust, or retain.

HornBrod, I will take some pictures tonight and put them up so you can verify with your own eyes whether its the one you want or not, cause i would hate to tell you it is when it might not be and go through all the trouble. If it is the one you are after, PM your address to me and i will send it on down the river. :thumbsup: