Muffler Choice

Actually I am over 40 now and do like quiet and it is just a toy so its not driven much. However if I buy the cat and muffler from ebay its less than s stock one here. I am tired of the rice rockets up the road from me all night so I thougt why not have some fun in the morning when the stoners are in bed roaring by myself on the way to work or town.

i put a dynomax on my 01 cherokee dd after the flowmaster rotted off. i like it a lot, not to loud and i did not notice any decrease in preformance . they seem to go on sale once or twice a year and offer a $75.00 gift card for the purchase. the only down side is its not stainless

I have the stock cat and original exhaust manifold and i added a flowmaster super44 and I think it sounds awesome after having it on there for over a year now, my friend has a delta flow 50 withno cat and they're about equal noise wise. They both sound Pretty good IMO

I have a pacesetter header, generic 2.5 inch high flow cat, and 2.5 single in single out magnaflow muffler to a 45 degree dump. I love the tone it has its lower pitched and less raspy than a flow master but I just wish mine was a little loudler, I wish to go to a shorter magnaflow in the future so I will prob post mine for sell on here soon

here is the muffler

http://performance-curve.com/search.aspx?find=11216

here is the cat

http://performance-curve.com/search.aspx?find=410250

Gibson.

IMHO the ONLY exhaust that sounds even halfway decent on an in-line six.

does yours sound similar? i like the sound on thru the computer, and looks like it boost the power so you can do burnouts... :roll:

I went through the same choice. I have a stock cat and a flow master 40 series single in dual out dumped before the rear axle. It sounds awesome to me. It is loud inside and out but not headache loud. Everyone definitely hears you outside and everyone I've talked to thinks it sounds good. Rumbles lower than many of my friends V8s and much louder than a V6. I'm very happy with it comanche.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers on my XJ for years. Always love the sound of them, so I picked up another and tossed it on my MJ. At the time I got it for around $40 shipped, now I think they're up to like $52 shipped? Still not bad IMO.

Cat delete, no tailpipe, tip goes through the frame rail and dumps out the side near the front of the bed. I love the way it sounds. Nice deep tone, no high pitched noises whatsoever. It's got to be one of the lowest tones on a 4.0 I've ever heard. It's actually deeper sounding on my Renix MJ than on the HO XJ.