Rear Slider repair

Has anyone taken their rear slider in to a glass pro for repair? Received a new window this afternoon and it was damaged. Damage is a little tough to see on the pictures, but here it is anyway (click thumbnails for larger pictures):

one of the middle glass supports is pulled up taking some of the seal with it.

slider-middle-sm.jpg

The frame in the bottom of both corners is bent. That's probably easy enough to fix; the fixed glass being pulled slightly away from the seal and the frame is my real concern.

slider-corner-sm.jpg

I know the answer would normally be toss the window and get a new one. But given how hard the power slider is to come by, that's even less of an option than it would normally be.

Wow, the EPS700 CR Lawrence MJ power slider. Where in the world did you find that mate?

It's for sure worth getting it fixed because there are no more, and I've been looking a long time. I would take it to the largest and most reputable glass shop in your area and have them take a peek at it. When I had mine put it (non-power), two of them came in to the shop damaged (bent) and were replaced. But it'll never happen with the power version. Won't hurt to have a good shop look at it.

Thanks hornbrod, i figured that i'd get the final word at a good shop...just glad i'm not the only one who wouldn't think it was crazy to take it from shop to shop trying to get it fixed.

There was 6 or so of them on ebay last week. Theyre all gone now though....I never even knew Power sliders existed back then

That explains a lot, i thought it was incredibly lucky to come across it since i don't search ebay much for MJ parts. Six out there at once may also explain why nobody else bid on the two he had. I'll ask where he got them and if he'll have others for sale. If he sold the other sliders, they haven't hit his feedback yet. Which then makes we wonder who grabbed the others....

Yes as unlikely as it sounds, i was just browsing last week and there was atleast 6 seperate listings for Power MJ rear slider windows...

I just searched again after seeing this thread and couldnt find even 1 slider on ebay, manual or electric :doh:

And to make it worse Don they were in Alabama!

Yeah, and he's about 45 minutes away too. I did email him, and he only had two power sliders, both sold. The rest listed were just flat glass MJ rear cab windows, not even manual sliders. Damn!

Good score Boilermaker. It went to a good guy. :cheers: Keep us informed on how it goes with the slider install.

Good score Boilermaker. It went to a good guy. :cheers: Keep us informed on how it goes with the slider install.

Thanks hornbrod, i will. They will be well cared for, i can promise that.

Looking for parts for a power slider. Need the cable that runs between the motor and the window.....

Don't have any spare parts, but any place i take the window for repairs i'll ask if there is a replacement cable available. I'd be surprised if CRL didn't use as many common parts as they could across their power slider lines to keep costs down. Never too early to source replacement wear items.

I missed the pwr sliders also - Don't know if I'da bought but would have spread the news - According to eBay info they were listed on July 9 & sold on the 14 & 16th - Sold to the same person & they were the sole bidder both times - I do a EB Comanche saved search, ck it every day & never saw 'em - Curious - - - Might have to cut back on the Miller time - Anyway, Might be worth seeing if the seller would put a guy in contact with the buyer - Never know

:cheers:

Here is a picture of the Powr Slider motor and push-pull cable. The address of the company is visible. I have talked to them several times and they don't have replacement cables for these older units.

PowrSlider%20copy.JPG