Cabin Carpet?

Just wondering, how hard this is to find? Out of the at least 10 MJs I've come across, they all had the rubber mat flooring. Would be nice to be able to have some carpet down there instead of that crappy rubber. :fs1:

Would I be right in assuming cabin carpet was for the upscale models; or those weird customer orders every now and then?

Anybody know of a reputable place to get carpet for the cabin? I'm not really worried about fitment, considering that any after-market carpet will never fit exactly to the contours of the truck; I'm just browsing for the best deals / look. Will probably be going with black carpet, if that makes a difference. I've heard decent things about replacements from J.C. Whitney, so maybe I'll begin browsing their catalogues... think.gif

Just from years of owning and browsing for sale ads on Craigslist, Autotrader, eBay, etc., I would say that carpet was more common than the rubber floor matting. My '88 SporTruck had rubber matting, my '88 Pioneer has carpet and my '92 Sport has carpet. I believe the carpet was optional on base/SporTruck/Sport models and standard on pretty much every other trim.

The only options for carpet are finding OEM carpet from someone selling it or in a junkyard, aftermarket carpet that will require a lot of trimming (there are several companies that make them - do a google search), or find the carpet out of a Cherokee and do some trimming.

I have installed aftermarket carpet in two different vehicles (Jeep Wrangler and Mitsu 3000GT) and it's not something I'd want to do again. So, with that in mind, I chose to keep my original OEM carpet and gave it a facelift: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36061