Double Shear Track Bar

http://ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/me ... y_Code=PFX

I have some wallow in my TB mount and I'm thinking of going double shear. I have stock height although I may go minimal clearance in the future with 31s.

Is the above bar a good one?

States 1-5" of lift...........can I simply trim the bar a 1/2" or so if necessary to get back to 0" lift?

Thanks.

Might be worth it to just find someone with a welder or go to a muffler shop, pop the axle end of the TB out and ask them to add a bit of material to the holes, then drill them out to stock size and reinstall everything. Should be an easy fix for wallowed out holes on the axle side since the stock bracket isn't very thick anyway. I think the bolt size is 7/16", I may be mistaken, could be metric but its about that size.

Thanks but the wallow is at the frame mount not the axle mount. I could weld it up and ream it out but I need a reamer, I could get a used mount at the PnP for about $8 and I may go that route.

I like the idea of the double shear though.....just makes better sense.

Help me out here......I don't want any lift but as I said I would like 31s so maybe the 1" would be good for me anyway.

I'd like to find springs that would offer the inch in the front and decent shackles for the rear.

Any of you lift guys got any ideas?

I am having the same issue as you and was looking at this guys bars as I was wanting to do the same thing to get away from the factory set up http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/index ... cts_id=492 Somewhere on his site he states that this bar thats for 1" to 6" will work on stock but the bar rubs the diff cover is the only issue and the cover can be bent in with no problems since the area it gets bent in has lots of clearance behind it.

Definitely worth the $$$. Eliminates the tie rod end, rebuildable, tightens up steering, beefy frame mount, and easy to adjust for lift if you decide to go higher later on.

Agreed. I have installed these on 3 different jeeps. Defiantly worth the money!

Today is the Sabbath and I souldn't have but.......

I dropped the TB today to determine what to do with the mount and as it turns out the TB is completely warn out, new Moog bar. Thank God I did as it may have not lasted much longer.

Advance has a Driveworks coming in for me this afternoon, getting a cheapy until I go double shear.

Have any of you had one fall out on you?