AX 15 conversion?

What am I missing now? Why won't my cross member line up at all? Do I need a different transmission mount? I have the AX Cross member and for the life of me I can not get anything to line up. I would think at least one bolt would line up? Also I am using a 1998 TJ AX15.

You didn't specify which AX crossmember you are installing. It needs to the AX15 trans mount and crossmember. I've heard the mounting holes sometimes have to be elongated a bit to make it work.

got pics of what you're working with? did you move the trans crossmember to the AX-15 spot?

I have not taken any pictures. I did move the crossmember. I have a feeling I bought a cheap transmission mount and that is the problem.

I have a feeling I bought a cheap transmission mount and that is the problem.

It's not the mount unless you bought the wrong one. The transmission mount (#24) is the same for the AX15 and AW4 auto. But you need other AX15-specific parts to mount it to the cross member, like the manual tranny bracket (#25). They also use different cross member holes to mount.

Yes I bought number 25 and it was not cheap. Any other ideas?

Since I'm planning to be doing this work soon, I'm curious if you were able to get the alignment issue figured out ? If so, how/what did you end up doing?