headlight guards

so ive seen them everywhere on mostly on old chevys and toyotas i know that pete m has them on his rig if you go look at anything hes posted you can see em. they're the mesh metal 7x6 headlight guards. what are they called and where can i get them. the only time i see them is when they are on someone elses rig. they look like this http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6703/img1552bwj2.jpg i want a set to really top off the military trophy truck look i have going. and all the spraypainted angry eyes in the world couldnt help when i catch a rock.

My $0.02 on them: I had a set for a year and it made the headlights difficult to clean, the wires popped loose from the frame, and the metal clips are a hassle to install and became fatigued and began to rust after a few removals to clean the headlights. I would not pick up another set.

the metal clips I had eventually rusted and gave up. thankfully I was able to find the guard that fell off. eventually glued them both on with silicone. my truck doesn't see street duty so that's the only reason they are still there. otherwise, they are kinda annoying since they dim my already dim headlights (which makes them illegal on the street). I would not do it again. :(

They usually come in a set for the YJ wrangler.There are kits that cover the headlight proper, and those that cover the whole yj bucket.(won't fit)

I have used them on most of my rigs for 20+ years and they have saved my treasured Cibie E-codes numerous times.

those guards are made by rally i have them on my '87 mj and my '99 xj ... originally chrome , they did rust ,so i gave them a couple coats of rustoleum satin black ... they look fine ( if i could figure out how to pix's up i'd show you ! ) should be able to find them on ebay comanche.gif :banana:

well this is what i have in the way of light guards i custom made some taillight covers/guards on a computer controlled plasma cutter and an english wheel (and yes i am kicking myself for trashing factory light housings and i have custom turns i made on the same machine so i thought some grilles would look amazing with my jeeps "angry eyes"