d35 8.25 swap

just ripped out my d35, first rear end job ever for me, and so far its going well! the only thing I'm not to thrilled about was i had to cut my ebrake. it was jimmy rigged already, and poorly done, but i digress. i ended up getting chryco 8.25 out of a 97 cherokee which should be here tomorrow morning and thats when the fun starts! any helpfull info we didnt go over yet u think i should know aside from the perch welding

ok i just answered my own questions via some investigative research sorry to have "freaked out" i found a very reputable place in south windsor ct and is called advanced driveshaft services and have read nothing but glorious reviews about them ill be going by later today to verify

i didnt need to mod my driveshaft after the swap but i went spring over in the rear. i have no clue about staying spring under if thats what your doing

also. measure twice, weld once! that includes axle positioning and angles

by the way I'm only 2wd!!! and hesitent to go soa but may do it anyway dunno yet i just got my chryco 8.25 and started pb blasting it, every part of the brakes are fuct! rusted solid any cheap solutions or any body know what a disc brake changeover would entail? a bit more work than i hoped for and the jy i went to wouldnt sell one to me with the brakes on based on a liability issue...scumbags

ive also noticed i can't swap over the brakes off the d35 that wouldve been too kool

thanks in advance

by the way I'm only 2wd!!! and hesitent to go soa but may do it anyway dunno yet i just got my chryco 8.25 and started pb blasting it, every part of the brakes are fuct! rusted solid any cheap solutions or any body know what a disc brake changeover would entail? a bit more work than i hoped for and the jy i went to wouldnt sell one to me with the brakes on based on a liability issue...scumbags

ive also noticed i can't swap over the brakes off the d35 that wouldve been too kool

thanks in advance

I've read that grand cherokee disks are a good swap. :thumbsup:

are you prepared to pay for a 5-6" lift for the front? SOA is a lot of lift and has a ton of costs that go with it (bigger tires, gears for those bigger tires, lift for the front, shocks, brake lines, etc) and don't forget that you have to move the perches anyway. XJ perches are in a different location.

are you prepared to pay for a 5-6" lift for the front? SOA is a lot of lift and has a ton of costs that go with it (bigger tires, gears for those bigger tires, lift for the front, shocks, brake lines, etc) and don't forget that you have to move the perches anyway. XJ perches are in a different location.

Not sure If this will help you out but It will give you a Idea of how it will sit. on my comanche the previous owner put a 4.5 inch lift and then went SOA in the back. This was a 2wd truck and he had also converted it to a 4wd. From what I can tell the front axle and back axle are stock sizes but out of a xj. any way Here is some pictires of the back axle after the soa with the 4.5 inch leafs and how the truck sits.