Truck has a left lean

Since the time I bought my 89 Comanche it's leaned to the left. Looks as though a 500# guy is sitting in the drivers seat. And NO I'm not that big! (yet)LOL It can't be in the suspension. I've replaced the front coils and also installed coil spacers. Put in a metric ton rear spring pack with a dana 44 rear end. Drop shackels. And there is still a 1.25 difference between the left and right side. Exactly the same difference between the front and rear. I got these measurements from the floor to the center bottom of the wheel flares. Any help?

Thanks

Glenn

i had a lean on the drivers as well ever since i put on my 4.5 rough country/hell creek lift. i finally stepped up to 6.5 coils and shocks and it was gone. so it wasnt hell creek springs. it was $#!&ty RC products. my driver shock had to of died instantly. so id suggest checking those out.

Since the time I bought my 89 Comanche it's leaned to the left. Looks as though a 500# guy is sitting in the drivers seat. And NO I'm not that big! (yet)LOL It can't be in the suspension. I've replaced the front coils and also installed coil spacers. Put in a metric ton rear spring pack with a dana 44 rear end. Drop shackels. And there is still a 1.25 difference between the left and right side. Exactly the same difference between the front and rear. I got these measurements from the floor to the center bottom of the wheel flares. Any help?

Thanks

Glenn

It HAS to be the suspension...somewhere. Check those drop shackle angles on both sides. Are they the same. Measure from the center of the wheel to the flare instead of the ground. The surface is relative, distance from the wheel is more telling.

I'd check for a missing or broken leaf...or maybe a missing or collapsed coil isolator. Then start looking at your "uni-frame". Look between the cab and bed for a bend or break in the frame rail. Look at your front leaf mounts too, bushings??

mine did the same when i bought it with the stock springs. i was hopeing it would go away once i upgraded but its still there and i replaced everything and the frame has no buckels or brakes but i think the back end may be tweeked . with the bed off and the rear axle on jack stands there it 1.5" differance from the rail bottom to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Glenn

It HAS to be the suspension...somewhere. Check those drop shackle angles on both sides. Are they the same. Measure from the center of the wheel to the flare instead of the ground. The surface is relative, distance from the wheel is more telling.

I'd check for a missing or broken leaf...or maybe a missing or collapsed coil isolator. Then start looking at your "uni-frame". Look between the cab and bed for a bend or break in the frame rail. Look at your front leaf mounts too, bushings??

My 88 has a 1/2 lean on the driver's side as well. I am pretty sure it is the coil spring isolator because it looks pretty well compressed compared to the passenger side. How hard is the isolator to remove?

It is not at all hard to remove/replace the isolater.

Removing the coil spring is a bit of a task though, and you have to remove the spring to get the isolater out...so while you're in there...you may as well do it all, new isolaters, both sides. It'll ride a bit (and I emphasize a BIT) smoother.

It is not at all hard to remove/replace the isolater.

Removing the coil spring is a bit of a task though, and you have to remove the spring to get the isolater out...so while you're in there...you may as well do it all, new isolaters, both sides. It'll ride a bit (and I emphasize a BIT) smoother.

I've actually done a spring swap on a ZJ so I don't think that will be a big issue. I have replacement springs and will replace both isolators as well. I'm sure the ride won't change much but I can't stand the 1/2 inch left side lean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going for the "gas tank side and typically only driver in car" its whole life scenario.

Cause mine leans too, yet the whole truck is super clean one owner. And the PO only weighs prob 180 lbs.

My plan is to swap the front coils from left to right when i lift it.

Been also trying to keep my ice chest on the pass side of the bed up toward the front.

That seemed to help when the ice chest was loaded.