Do you think there is a traffic god?

Sir Sam

I had a date with a rather attractive lady in denver yesterday(a little more than an hour away).....and I really left my house too late, I had some different things that delayed me I forgot about, like getting gas, being out of washer fluid etc etc(all my fault). So by the time I actually hit the road I was already running late, despite being an hour away.

I don't know what happened but there must have been a traffic god, or at least deity, looking out for me.....no cops, open road, and an XJ going 90+ down the interstate. I don't think I could have asked for better traffic conditions for being the start of rush hour.

Ended up making it there at 4:51, only a single minute overdue.

fyeah.jpg

nice work! its usually the other way around for me. If I find myself running late to something, I always seem to get stuck behind the slow drivers on the country roads going at or below the speed limit (very easy to go 10 over in my area). You are one lucky guy to be running late and get the good traffic. But you didnt mention how this date went.

nice work! its usually the other way around for me. If I find myself running late to something, I always seem to get stuck behind the slow drivers

I feel like this happens to me too, but most of those times are almost unimportant if I'm a little late. Keeping an attractive girl waiting when on a first date.........no bueno.

But you didnt mention how this date went.

fyeah.jpg

I am a traffic god... I don't make the traffic light, but I do make it back up from light to light... If you are running late again during the day SirSam, stay away from Drake (Meadowlark to Dunbar... We are taking lanes out in both directions...

People get so mad in work zones.. I think its funny... We have a flagger that will stop the last car out of a huge line... I laugh everytime...

If you drive thru I'm in the loader with the jack hammer...

I am a traffic god... I don't make the traffic light, but I do make it back up from light to light... If you are running late again during the day SirSam, stay away from Drake (Meadowlark to Dunbar... We are taking lanes out in both directions...

People get so mad in work zones.. I think its funny... We have a flagger that will stop the last car out of a huge line... I laugh everytime...

If you drive thru I'm in the loader with the jack hammer...

Ah yes.....I often travel that section of drake.....

Quick question, what color is your MJ and what wheels do you have on it.

My Mj is faded, no clearcoat brown.. With the pioneer hockey stick stripes and I have my icons off my xj on it... you might gave seen it last year when we did Drake east of meadowlark... We were all over the main roads last year..

My Mj is faded, no clearcoat brown.. With the pioneer hockey stick stripes and I have my icons off my xj on it... you might gave seen it last year when we did Drake east of meadowlark... We were all over the main roads last year..

Hahaha yup I have seen your MJ around! In fact you drove past my house last year twice.

I saw it when you guys were working on prospect and shields and then again later over by new belguim......

How crazy... I saw your yellow XJ when we were working on Prospect and shields... Funny how a vehicle obsession warps your memory... It's like, "Oh yeah, I remember that. It happened right after we saw that Red MJ/XJ."

How crazy... I saw your yellow XJ when we were working on Prospect and shields... Funny how a vehicle obsession warps your memory... It's like, "Oh yeah, I remember that. It happened right after we saw that Red MJ/XJ."

Yup, doesn't surprise me that you saw it, would have been one of the same times that I saw your truck. The yellow XJ is pretty distinct vehicle. I went on a date with a girl about a month ago, after lunch we went for a walk and I grabbed my sunglasses out of my jeep, so she saw the yellow jeep and commented the yellow duck on the front.

Passed her in traffic a few days ago(I recognized her car), and I drive past out of the corner of my eye I saw her turn her head and look my way......slightly awkward, I never called her back.

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy crap on the highway always seems to happen around me on the highway (lots of crashes that I just seem to miss) When I'm late, traffic seems to part for me. If I leave early EVERYTHING gets in my way!