88 mj not charging. please help

i was climbing some hills and ridin trails bouncing around and my alt. quit charging. alt is brand new. had it checked any how it tested out great. i have been tracing wire after and can't figure anything out. please help its drivin me crazy!!!

Check your fused link. Check your grounds. One dead cell in a battery is a current black hole.

Bench tested? I've them bench test good but not charge, same with batteries.

I put a new alt in that lasted about 3 weeks........swapped and upgraded and been good for a couple of months now.

Sounds like your alt died, even new ones can fail. Check for voltage at the stud and check to make sure one wire on your plug has power with key on, if not it will not "excite" the alternator to charge, second wire in the plug if it has one turns on your charge light if it has one

OK. I finally got to go home and work on the Comanche. I check the yellow wire at the plug it was not hot. I ran a hot wire to it and it started charging. I was so excited then about 5 min later it quit again. I tried grounding body to motor. Motor to neg. And body the neg post. Oh yea and now the yellow wire is hot.

Okay. I took the alt. And had it tested 4 times at two different places and it pass everytime. took it home put it back on not charging. Yellow wire is hot but I ran a hot wire to it any way. Still no charge. Stud is hot. I'm about to go crazy :headpop: