oilpump

pug

Sometimes theres a bracket/brace that is bolted on also. you didnt say what engine so I'm not sure.ive only messed with the 258 or 242

once you get the 2 or 3 bolts out if you grab the oil pump and spin/twist it around some it will usually slide out. they get alot of tarnish/ crude in there that sticks them. when it does come out more oil will pour out so don't get directly under it.

Finally got pump off (2.5). next question what should i look for have loud tick coming from distributor only at idel. runs and idels good. I posted couple months ago someone on here said to use long screwdriver on motor and listen for knock. i never heard anything exept on distributor.Motor only has 9000 miles on rebuild.thanks

Brother in law came over after work checked everything out. He herd the knock and ticking from distributor before i dropped pan and oil pump. He is stumped checked all the bearings, crank,cam and what ever else he could check. Any ideas. thanks

Replaced with new distributor about a month ago. Bro inlaw used stethascope on everypart of engine only knocking sound came from distributor. Would a bad lifter cause a knock at distributor.thanks

Dist cap 180 degrees off (there is a notch to align it that will tilt the cap against the rotor) or the shear pin on the drive gear has lost the shim between the dist housing and gear allowing it to ride up too high and hit the inside of the cap.

Bro inlaw checked all that too.My problem is i am back home for holidays and were i got the motor rebuilt is 2 hours away. I don't want to drive it all the way up there might do more damage and i have to go back to work tuesday.Any opinions on using a car dolley for 125 miles. thanks