Project "Moab Worthy" build.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Thanks man. Hopefully by next week I will take it to the scrap yard. Ordered my carpet this morning. After much debate and talking with Alexia I went with ACC black with the mass backing. Got it from RockAuto for 162 bucks shipped.

Ordered the lift today. I went with a Rough Country 4.5 lift. I got the cherokee one. The comanche lift had short aal and the cherokee lift hall full length. Done a bit of research and seemed like perfect lift for me.They had them on sale for 459.00 and then I got 10% off for being a jeep forum member. Total with shipping was 462.00.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_4.html

Pulled the old bed off and rear axle and suspension. Whoever invented the cherry picker was a freaking genius. Got to get the rear Dana 44 cleaned and painted and the front axle ready also. Lift will come in today. Very excited.Also got me a MOAB sticker for the build.

• 2 weeks later...

Got most of the lift on. Still have to connect the upper control arms and put shocks on. Overall I'm very happy with the Rough Country lift. Quality pieces, and great fitment .Frontend will come down quit bit after drive train is back in. Looks like a roller skate with the small tires. Torn between 32's or 33's. Oh yeah took cherokee to scrapyard and got $280.00 for it . I was pretty happy with that.

That is gonna be one sweet truck!

I have BFG 33X10.50 15 tires, I'm on my third set now. I don't think you can go wrong with that size, they fit stock 7" rims, they're easy on the steering, ball joints and brakes. I think they're lighter than 32's if that is of any concern. BFG makes MT's AT's and Baja T/A, Toyo makes open country M/T, General makes grabber red letters and Interco makes radial and bias swampers that size so there is a lot to choose from! If you ever go to Baja when a race is on spares are easy to come by too, class 10, 12 and 5 all run that size tires, dunno if you'll ever come by a 32 down there.

Got some work done today. I put seam sealer on my patched up floorboard. I then decided to roll the mj out and pressure wash the jeep down. A small mouse decided to make its home inside the frame. It didn't like the pressure washing it got. haha. I had a set of Moab wheels that the clearcoat was coming off so I wire wheeled them and then painted Duplicolor graphite. Also decided to paint my light grey interior a flat black Duplicolor interior paint. I really wanted agate but this was alot cheaper. It turned out great also.

Please login into your YouTube account and " like"my video review of there 4 1/2" lift. I got and email from them saying I was in top 6 and winner with most likes on YouTube gets money back from purchasing lift. Here is a link to the review. Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...