Eagle! Pics of your fleet!

Kenosha Warrior

What, you like pics of rust and dents?

I have a guest here this week from Europe, whom I met through the NAXJA forum (he's a Cherokee owner). He asked, so we counted. I'm down to eleven Jeeps in the yard. Of the eleven, four are running. A couple of others are future projects, and the rest are (as long as you promise not to tell the neighbors) ahem ... junk.

I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything earth shattering ...

11. Must be nice. I have one dead MJ in my back yard and just got a letter from the village code enforcement officer wednesday to get rid of it in a week or get fined. Boy I miss living in the country.
fill it with firewood and say that you use it to go get firewood in. :brows:

11. Must be nice. I have one dead MJ in my back yard and just got a letter from the village code enforcement officer wednesday to get rid of it in a week or get fined. Boy I miss living in the country.

We have a similar ordinance. The zoning enforcement officer knows that I used to be chairman of the zoning commission and that I know what else the same regulation prohibits: any outdoor storage of boats, campers and trailers, and any parking at home of commercial trucks (such as a plumber's or electrician's van, for example). And he also knows that if I get a letter, I'll spend the next two weeks cruiding town with a camera. I have a word processor. I can generate a LOT of complaint letters in a short time, making him VERY busy and a lot of residents VERY unhappy.

We have a tacit agreement that it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. I keep them as well screened as I can and I try not to irritate my immediate neighbors. So far (knock on wood) it hasn't become a problem.

We've got that too - actually all vehicles are supposed to be kept indoors or as discreetly as possible.

But, they screwed up the legal paperwork so they actualyl can't do anything. Hence, there was an 8.8 lying besides the garage for about a year, half a dozen assorted tires, a pile of misc garbage parts, a truck in the driveway on jackstands (no axles), and 4 or 5 other vehicles scattered around in the driveway. They can piss and moan but short of a lawsuit they can't do anything - and they won't go there.

Whenever I move out (gah) I'll be finding some place without neighbours near by.

we went through that zoneing crap, we don't have to keep them covered but in louisville your not allowed to work on your car more than a day, since you can not have a vehicle that doesnt run sitting in your driveway. my old camaro sat for 6months and we had no problems the day after i put it on jacks. we had a complaint letter. thats why we moved to a place with farther out with 6acres, as a perk my only real neighbor is a car nut too. now i have non running(79 camaro 77 corvette 68 chevy c10 and a 88 VW) and they can do nothing hahaha i love it.

I grew up on a little farm w/ 100 acres and no neighbors. One newbie code enforcement guy stopped by there once to complain to my Dad about my 71 Torino and 65 Mustang sitting outside w/ out plates on them. My Dad laughed at him and told him to get off his property. Never heard from him again.

There's a guy down the street w/ a rotted old XJ for sale in his front yard that has been there for 6 months, no plates. I suppose I could have put a FOR SALE sign on my junk, no engine..or front clip...or gear box :D

I was just using it for storage (had a cap on it) til spring when I was going to get rid of it anyway. No biggie. Just hate being told I HAVE to do something.