Heater Hose Coolant fittings. Repair and Conversion.

I've recently decided to rid my self of the stubborn plastic tank. I found a prior thread covering using a Mac Brand expansion tank, pics from that post at bottom. http://macsradiator.com/shop/surge-overflow-tanks/replacment-jeep-radiator-fill-tanks.html

I have previously replaced all the hoses trying to fix my leaking issue and now comes my problem. I cannot find the tee Item number 8 in the photo and searching the factory part number on google produced nothing.392943_2364396663979_1072232659_2520291_1008099356_n.jpg

I found the heater valve (Item 3) at both napa and autozone, but no tee. I found a company that sells all the hoses and the tee but not just the tee. http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/Detailed/1763.html

ANY HELP would be appreciated...

Also I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up a new 2.5L expansion tank new. Or am i better of just using a universal tank for the conversion?

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... 8&start=15

Here's some pictures for ya.

Dave

Edit::: I ended up replacing the J shaped tee with a Brass Pex Tee from local hardware. The hoses are 5/8" and a 5/8" barb tee was not available except in plastic. Pex is the flexible water pipe that they are using to replace copper.

Probably dealer only (if they still carry them) or at the junk yard for the tee. I've done this to mine and prefer the 2.5L overflow to a universal. It fits along the fender but the fuel pump resistor and the EGR solenoid(?) need relocation. I've always picked up the overflow at the JY, no help on getting one new. Seen used ones on eBay but usually pricey compared to JY.

I have switched from a universal expansion tank to the OEM 2.5 tank.

Part# 52003213

It works much better. You will also need the cap. I don't have that part number.

:cheers:

Why? Because it holds more fluid? Looks? You have to relocate the fuel resistor, the fan relay and the egr control right?

egr long gone? did you just plug the port on the intake? or did you remove the valve too and make a block of plate there? I swapped my header out to day for one of the dyno max black jacks and the egr tube is a pain in the a$$ and it is now what is leaking.

I have the same universal overflow on the same conversion. It seems to blow fluid out the top of the lid since it has cut outs in it and I have to add fluid every so often. I like this upgrade with the factory tank I will be looking for one let me know if you find where to get it.

the tank is about $16 from anyone that sells crown products so like jeepparts.com quadratec rusty's etc.

problems is i can't find any of them that sell the cap and i don't know if the cap comes with the new one, or if a generic cap from napa or autozone will work with the tank..

I have switched from a universal expansion tank to the OEM 2.5 tank.

Part# 52003213

It works much better. You will also need the cap. I don't have that part number.

:cheers:

any idea where you got the cap? Crown does not list one... I called them directly and they told me they don't make a cap for it... I contacted quadratec and they don't have a clue because they have all the parts direct shipped from crown.

I would really appreciate that. I'll order a new tank tomorrow if you can confirm the cap by dorman fits :)

I figure something like this is out there because crown makes the tank and not a cap, so someone must make the cap. After all if your tank rots out odds are the cap is bad too.

I unfortunately do not have the tank or the cap to go to the parts stores to mate up.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

quadratec had some issues with their inventory and for some reason sent me part 52003130 the power steering res. Keith at quadratec is working diligently to rectify it. Apparently they had several that were mis-marked and he is now locating the correct one to ship out.

They have good cust service so far. will post once resolved.

I guess it feels nice to help quadratec fix their issue of inventory and for them to correct their picture of products, but I didnt get a call back and don't know what I'm looking at for a lead time, atleast the truck can run with out it.

I'm still waiting on resolve from quadratec. They tell me that Crown Automotive sent them the Power steering res with the coolant bottle part number hand written on it. I contacted Crown in Nevada and they said they've had no such complaints or issues... Called quadratec back today, now a full week from when I notified them of the issue and no solutions.

I was told that they have 3 people working on it at crown. Now I've got quadratec's Crown Automotive sales rep name and number. He had today off 

What a headache for a coolant bottle. I had to drive the truck so now the overflow hose is just dumping on the ground.

On monday the 19th I spoke with quadratec again. They seemed to be in the same position they were 17 days prior. So I sent an email to Crown regarding my issue. With in 30 minutes I had an email back from crown clarifying that they are not the direct suppliers to quadratec for the bottle I had ordered. They stated they had plenty in stock and had no such issues. He also carbon copied the email to 4 people at quadratec including, two managers.

Needless to say by 2 that same day I received notification of shipment.

Fingers are crossed that they didn't just send me another power steering reservoir.