Need quick diagnoses.

My Manche quit running last night while I was warming it up and now it won't stay running. It starts and revs up to about 1200 rpm then shuts off. I can smell gas and it looks like the inside of the throttle body is saturated with gas. I do have spark so I'm thinking possible fuel pressure regulator, has anyone else had this problem?

should be one of the relays on the passengers side fender well under the hood. should be 3 in a row there.

i can't remember which is which. google comanche fuel pump relay may get something

also theres a balast relay thing on the drivers fender.its like ceramic with a wire on both ends if the wire gets knocked off it won't start.

actually it will start then die instantly.

i googled it and theres a thread on jeepforum about them also had pictures of them i guess theres 4 relays there it showed fuel relay as 3rd from left but i don't know what eng/tranny setup that was and what you have.

I have looked but I don't think I have a ballast on mine its a 1986 2.5. I've swapped relays around with no change. I also replaced the starter relay and no change. :dunno: I'm starting to think it's the fuel pump but still need to check if it is getting power. The fuel pump should run if the key is on right?

I have looked but I don't think I have a ballast on mine its a 1986 2.5. I've swapped relays around with no change. I also replaced the starter relay and no change. :dunno: I'm starting to think it's the fuel pump but still need to check if it is getting power. The fuel pump should run if the key is on right?

You are correct, an 86 doesnt have a ballast resistor. Turn the key to run, not start, and you should hear the fuel pump kick on. Get a fuel pressure gauge and test the pressure at the rail.

I checked the voltage at the fuel pump connector and I only get 12v if the key is in the start position. It's tbi so in don't have a fuel rail but I am going to check at the fuel filter. Is there some sort of fuel shut off in case of a rollover? I hope this doesn't lead back to my ECM. Thanks for the help so far hopefully I can get it going by this weekend.

Well I found the culprit.

It goes from the fuel pump to the steel tube that comes out of the tank. It had to have been leaking since it got the jeep because once I replaced it the jeep ran stronger than ever. And i was able to take the fuel pump back to vato zone thanks for all the help guys.