Repainting the Interior Trim

IIRC.... there was a thread around here somewhere where someone repainted all the trim pieces inside the truck (A/B/under the window etc..) and used a certain spray with decent quality results.

Does anyone know where this thread is? Or better yet, what you can use to respray the trim pieces? I'm going from turquoise blue to a black color most likely. Just to show you guys;

I have this color throughout.

And I'd like to go to this. Image provided by knever3. Very beautifully done interior :eek:

I have yet to post it in my build, but I did my door panels that were tan from a Waggy to black using the Krylon plastic paint. I did all parts of the panel including the carpet, fabric and armrest. All the parts turned out great, except the armrests because of their material took FOREVER to dry without being sticky. They have held up well for about two years now, but the armrest parts are just about ready to be sprayed again. They have a few little scuffs on them from use, but are otherwise OK.

Check out the Mopar interior dye spray. It's similar to paint but is applied in very light dustings. I think hornbord used some on a b pillar. The only problem I foresee is that the newer black interiors are not as dark as those of years past, so finding the right color might be a challenge.

I've used Krylon Interior/Exterior Satin for plastic with good results. I only sprayed hard plastic, not vinyl or rubber. Home improvement centers and craft stores carry it.

I have also used this same satin for the chrome trim around the door handle and armrest. Works best to use an adhesion promoter and light coat of primer before the black.

My armrests/center console lid wouldn't dry when I used the Krylon Fusion stuff, I found that Vinyl paint works better for that kind of stuff. I think it was from DupiColor. The Krylon stuff worked good on the hard plastics though. :wrench:

Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciate it! :cheers: Has anybody done a yellow interior (IE: Yellow A/B pillar trim w/ black seats etc.) that looked decent? Thinking about opting for yellow to go with the truck when I repaint it.... Not 100% sure yet though... :hmm:

To be honest the yellow/black will look very "Ricer" and you probably will hate it after it's done..........but the same prep method can be used to make it turn out good.

Well, the reason I brought up yellow, is because I wanted the interior of the cab (pillar trims and the like excluding the dash, seats, visors and roof) yellow, and everything else black. Not sure how decided on this I am. Most likely, laziness will occur, and I'll keep rocking the turquoise look.

I used the krylon plastic stuff and wasn't to impressed with it. Ok on something that will never be touched but on the lower trim it would scratch off. Plus as someone else mentioned the color does not match the greatest with older colors. The b-pillars, lower door to carpet trim, and back window piece were painted in this one.

I think it was recommended before by someone that the best stuff out there is SEM Vinyl And Plastic Color Coat. It seems to have good reviews by most.

:cheers: