XJ hand brake in a MJ

Been doing a little upgrade on my '87 2.5, 4 spd. Converted manual steering to power, swapped bench for buckets, changed instrument cluster to full panel. Tach works great. Didn't have to adjust anything. Picked up a D30 and D35 with lockers 4.56 for the outrageous sum of $50. He wanted them out of his garage. Tomorrow I'm swapping the broken foot brake for a hand brake from a XJ. Checked search and couldn't find anything. Surely somebody has done this already. Just wondering if there would be enough interest in this for me to do a write up with pics.

:wrench:

• 2 years later...

Nice.  My MJ foot brake is also toast...it worked fine when I got the truck and I loved having it down there instead of taking up space in the console.  But alas the ratchet part failed on me and it looks like a lot more work fixing the foot pedal than popping in a lever (since I'm re-doing the carpet anyway. 

Been doing a little upgrade on my '87 2.5, 4 spd. Converted manual steering to power, swapped bench for buckets, changed instrument cluster to full panel. Tach works great. Didn't have to adjust anything. Picked up a D30 and D35 with lockers 4.56 for the outrageous sum of $50. He wanted them out of his garage. Tomorrow I'm swapping the broken foot brake for a hand brake from a XJ. Checked search and couldn't find anything. Surely somebody has done this already. Just wondering if there would be enough interest in this for me to do a write up with pics.

How in the hell do you guys find these deals???????/

I never come across a deal like that.

How in the hell do you guys find these deals???????/

I never come across a deal like that.

x2 freaking everyone gets deals like this but me.....and you. lol