Project KOH MANCHEE

Da_Bear

Hi all My name is Bear, I run a shop up in Edmonton Alberta :Canadaflag: . I eat, sleep, live and breath wheelin(much to my Wifey's shegrin)!!

So Waytec has asked me to share the current build at the shop......a 92 Comanche I have owned for 4 years. We found a purpose so the Manche has been gutted and cut in half in preparation for some much needed steel, some tube works, a 400 horse LS/turbo 400/ Atlas 2 speed, Coil over/Bypass mad link suspension, PSC Motorsports Hydro assist, 1 Ton axles(ISH) etc etc!! comanche.gif

We are Dubbin this build..... "THE RENTAL"

Here is why.......What is the difference between a Jeep and a rental car?

THE RENTAL GOES ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The goal............................King of the Hammers Stock Modified Class 2012!!!

A few pics of the progress so far includes the missing body parts and some of the fortifications thus far:

The other project

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have decided to mount a short body winch in the engine compartment side of the front crossmember. Of course we are "Building" a new crossmember out of 3/16 inch plate and mounting the winch foot forward!!

Here is the ground work for that!!

A pile of goodies for the "Rental" is amassin!!!

I absolutely love the stance of the truck. Keep up the good work.

Thanx for the props.......trying to keep her low, long and wide for stability.....it was a hard decision as to where the wheels were going to sit without getting the belly into trouble.....glad you like the end result!!!

NOW hopefully these initial measurements advocate equal length drive shafts without too much change!! :cheers:

Bear

Well the progress this weekend seems a little slow...but there is some more tube in place and alot of stuff you will never see is well on the way to completion...........boy the time is lookin short!!:shaking:

I have to admit all the excitment I had for this build completely died with the exo cage. So excessive, and not the right way to go for a KOH rig of any chance of helping in the COG department at speed. I safer, and better cage would have been internal.

I have to admit all the excitment I had for this build completely died with the exo cage. So excessive, and not the right way to go for a KOH rig of any chance of helping in the COG department at speed. I safer, and better cage would have been internal.

Yup I would agree with you except I am 6'4 and a tad on the "Big" side....... The cab just would not let me and a cage inside the cab(needed 3 inches from the occupants head in any direction along with other rules) otherwise that would have been Ideal!!!

Metal inside.......metal outside no diff!! I do agree COG may be affected but at what end do we stop the debates. Exo's arent for everyone but when space is limited and you are.....well.....fat n tall sacrifices must be made in the aid to safety and the Beauty of these trucks is not outside of that scope!!

So in the aid of balance the height/width and length with be played with to aid in stability as well as plenty of shock tuning(2.5" resi's and 3 tube bypasses on every corner!!

Safer I dissagree totally......properly designed and with some internal caging allowing everything to be Tied together and whammo you got a wiener!!

The goal is 4000lbs race ready......guess we will see!!! Really the goal here was to be different......and not just another Wrangler!!!

Bear :cheers:

I completely understand your point of view on the cab having exo, I guess I don't understand all that tube over the front fenders and such. I will admit that done right a exo or interior cage can be made safe. Considering a comanche is framless I personally still feel that a interior cage tied into body (a pillers, and b piller, etc.) would be better considering your possibility of a high speed roll. My MJ will have exo over cab only disappearing into front fenders because I too feel the cab is to tight to have a internal cage (especially considering I have a full interior)

Either way its only an opinion by me. The build is looking well done and will I'm sure be a strong and badass competition rig. I just can't stand exo's on front fenders so it simply ruins appeal for me from an asthetic point of view.

I'm realizing you must feel about as cramped in that MJ as I do when I drive my buddy's 1st gen toyota. Those have a crazy tight interior.

I do look forward to seeing the rig in person this year at KOH, I will be there and try to say "hi"

Cheers, Jason

Well we descided to take a short.....very short break from the tube bendin this weekend. The engine/Trans/T-case are mounted(except for the t-case support) all that is left in the innitial fitting is the TMR transfer case support!

Here is how the weekend played out!!