2x6 rocker panels?

I have been following the builds on here and I have not seen anyone do the 2x6 for a rocker. I am thinking this might be a good option for my truck because the corners and most of the rockers are gone.

I just want to see some other builds of people doing it and the end results.

Thank You

our search feature leaves much to be desired. :ack:

two notes on the solid rockers. it can be a real challenge welding the thick steel to the fragile sheetmetal. and one of my michigan friends did that to his cherokee and it took only a year before the rocker had broken itself half-free of the body.

Thanks for the links. I tired searching and tried going threw builds one at a time but still usually one or 2 pics and that's it.

our search feature leaves much to be desired. :ack:

two notes on the solid rockers. it can be a real challenge welding the thick steel to the fragile sheetmetal. and one of my michigan friends did that to his cherokee and it took only a year before the rocker had broken itself half-free of the body.

Do you have any suggestions to help prevent it from braking free that fast. the truck is only going to be a mild wheeler. it is for hunting, fishing and camping more then anything.

They are out there , ya just got to search .

Pics etc.. Are on page 4 of my build thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5484&hilit=PROJECT+FUBAR

ever tried searching on this site for something specific :headpop:

I never said i liked the search function , but thats the first thing that people always say is " :smart: try searching for it" so i thought id do it for once :shake: . ya the search on here sucks .

Now as for the cutout rockers mine are ! not done ! , yes they do need some support legs but i havent hade the time to finsh them and I'm kinda unsure on how i want to run the support legs , but the little bit i have used them they have worked out prity good .

Thanks guys this is going to be a winter project if I get to it.

there is not much left on the one side as for rocker panel and cab corner so. the truck is going to be a light wheeler, camping and hunting rig so I figure the rockers are goign to need protecting so build them as the protector.