heck of a week

ejndssn

well first they stole my bank card number :fs1: got that taken care of quickly, then this lady said she was only doing 30 mph and rear ends my truck cause the phone she had to attend to was more important than paying attention to the road :fs1: :rant: :headpop: so i am :fs1: and sweating so i thought until my passenger mention that i was bleeding so I am kinda confused as to what to do and the my daughter calls and tells me not to leave they were on their way. The emergency vehicle arrives and recommends that I should go with them and I said waiting for my daughter as for the pix i have the post them in a few once i get my photobucket account reopen

It looks like she hit a building! Your MJ held up quite well. A new tail gate and bumper and you are set. Most importantly, you, your passenger, and your tail lights are OK. Stick to your guns when dealing with the insurance companies about getting the Comanche repaired properly.

Gee, that sucks; I hope you are OK. I was rear-ended at a stop sign Thursday on the way to work. Don't know what the guy's reason was, or if he had one at all. Fortunately for me, I was in about the heaviest vehicle I own, a Dodge Cummings pickup. The other guys Windstar minivan was no match. The Dodge's rear bumper got dimpled and twisted in a couple of places, but the WindStar folded like a bad poker hand. Oh yes, it wasn't his van, but it turns out to be insured.

I did receive a concussion and couldn't see very well for a couple of days. Apparently somewhere in the back of the head is where visual information is processed and that is where I took the brunt of the impact. Hopefully, you won't get jerked around when it comes time to settle on the damage to the MJ; it is one of my favorites.

-meljr

got a nice gash in my forehead from the visor(will get a scar from that) :fs2: will go away with time i hope and pinched nerve in my left hand :fs2: so i went to the doctors and she mention that I may have had a concussion from the double impact from the rear busting out the window and the front Toyota highlander. As for the truck right now missed the call from the insurance company and expecting the worst case.

:dunno: thanks folks :thumbsup: as for the bumpers mjeff87 & Rebelfish99 i'll keep ya posted and yes i'm interested.

Wow. MJ - 1 Chevy - 0.

Never in a million year would I have thought that it would look so one-sided. Yet another vote for the headrested bench that came out in '90. Granted, we have yet to see the rest of the truck... I imagine that the bed is into the cab to some extent. Hell. It's an MJ. The insurance company is probably going to total it. Look up the collectors value on KBB or NADA, and don't settle for anything less. Take the money you get, buy the truck back. Bang out the tailgate, torch off the bumper, and make a new one out of steel.

Then drive the piss out of it. It's an MJ.

Rob :cheers:

well the ins company called and they well take the truck to there holding pen :hmm: either way i told them that the truck comes home to me :brows: . so here are my options if total take the money and buy it back and begin my restoration of the mj with the remainder. looks like the bumper can be taken off and the bed does not touch the cab :jump: we will see in a couple of days. hoping for the best expecting the worst. :dunno:

well the verdict is in and its totaled :fs1: based on repair cost and very few of these to do a comparison so I told them I want my truck back :fs2: so now is the time to setup shop in the garage and commence the restoration project :brows: so now I am in the market for a pickup. :brows: hope to get one soon i perfer white trucks and my wife thinks i should get a different color since i already have a white one btw guess i am going to title my project can't keep a good jeep down. :banana:

The value for truck 2600 and the salvage fee was 600 :hmm: so I figure when they tow it home and drop it off I’ll start to take her apart and begin the restoration once the pinched nerve on my left arm is back to normal, and I don’t have the freaking shocks like from static electricity :fs1: running up my arm :fs2: I am the original owner and I wanted to keep it that way :brows: I will post some additional pix once she is home.