Preferred Lights?

Going to be getting some fog lights for the truck soon. Nothing extremely expensive or over the top, but something to have where I can have more buttons to play with inside the truck... :rotf:

.... Just kidding, but seriously, I've been wanting some for a while, and especially since starting my final build. Just doing some pricing right now and figured might as well ask you guys here. Anyone got any preferred ones or ones that just look really cool? Sometimes I really wish I had a 4x4 instead of a 2WD so I could have a better excuse to get a roll-bar and get really creative with everything. :fs1:

Also, I'm assuming that the bulb of the middle one on the top of this J10 is just Amber colored? Or do they sell fog lights with colored inserts? Also, is having amber colored fog lights legal, or are they designated for rescue type cars (ones with flashing lights and whatnot.)

... Check the state law on lights.

Agreed. State to state may have different laws on how many lights you can have on a vehicle. Also, you should check on laws saying anything about how many lights can be above and below the hood. In MN, you can have no more than four forward lights on. However, you can have as many lights as you want above the windshield as long as they aren't on when you're on any pubic roads. Just this last week, I was with a friend in this Mustang and we were pulled over for the amount of lights on the front. Cop didn't say anything about the exhaust too loud, no plate on the front, windows too dark, or the fact that he was driving too fast. Local cops love to pull drivers over for anything as long as it isn't obvious.

That said, I've ran into issues with breaking lights whether they were on the front or on the roof so I wouldn't run anything that costs too much. The lights on my truck are all single packaged tractor lights from Fleet Farm. All metal housing, crazy bright, crazier bright when bunched together, and at $11 each they are easily replaced if you break just one.

Here ae just some basic KC ambers...decent price for JUST fog lights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/new-kc-l ... ccessories

I run these on my MJ. Driving lens, clear fog lens, amber fog lens...take your pick. You get all 3 types of lens and all the wiring and the covers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KC-HiLit ... ccessories

I have not been pulled over [here] for too many lights or too much lighting.

An example of a past setup I have run [which worried me about alternator output]:

-4x KC Daylighters on a gutter mounted light bar [now collecting dust in attic]

-2x KC-style wide-angle slimlights on front bumper [now on our Ford Escape via a light wing]

-2x old-school KC amber foglights under front bumper [now on top of front bumper]

-2x tractor lights under rear bumper [rectangular and inexpensive]

-2x Hella H4 headlights

Not all were run at the same time, but the KCs put out a LOT lot of light. Having that much lighting was kind of overkill, since I only used them when I went out camping or driving on the old logging roads in the mountains when lighting wasn't exactly at its finest... its not like I was running the Baja 1000 and needed all that light.

... Check the state law on lights.

Agreed. State to state may have different laws on how many lights you can have on a vehicle. Also, you should check on laws saying anything about how many lights can be above and below the hood. In MN, you can have no more than four forward lights on. However, you can have as many lights as you want above the windshield as long as they aren't on when you're on any pubic roads. Just this last week, I was with a friend in this Mustang and we were pulled over for the amount of lights on the front. Cop didn't say anything about the exhaust too loud, no plate on the front, windows too dark, or the fact that he was driving too fast. Local cops love to pull drivers over for anything as long as it isn't obvious.

That said, I've ran into issues with breaking lights whether they were on the front or on the roof so I wouldn't run anything that costs too much. The lights on my truck are all single packaged tractor lights from Fleet Farm. All metal housing, crazy bright, crazier bright when bunched together, and at $11 each they are easily replaced if you break just one.

Sadly, I don't find you're story that hard to believe..... :nuts: In any case, most cops are :mad: holes. That's pretty much how they act down here, to a T.

Also, that's an extremely nice MJ you have there :eek: :eek: :bowdown: Those lights and winch look pretty great on it! :cheers:

As far as fogs, I like Hellas. I run them with an open H3 housing, so I can choose bulbs. You can also find Amber H3 bulbs if that's your cup of tea as well. Amber lights are legal, your Comanche already has plenty of them stock. Where I live there is no problem with fogs/ambers, even on at night. But depending on local law they may want a cover if there are sticklish LEOs.