Engine Compartment Overhaul, Long 1 sorry

Sorry if this is sorta a repost from an earlier topic.

Something I'm curious about. Ive seen a 93 cherokee wit the same features & options and 4.0 engine tranny as my 88 comanche. Yet ......Under the hood,their engine compartment looks neat & simple. It has about 20 less vaccuum lines & several wires less than mine has. It basically looks twice as neat & simple as mine does.

I wish there were a way to "model" under my hood an exact replica of the 93 cherokee i seen. And ive seen other jeeps too same nicely layed out simple looking under the hood.

But I'm wondering........WHAT IF- someone were to remove every line & wiring harness from my engine compartment .......and using the "simple looking" 93 cherokee as a blueprint or guise, and hook it back up exactly like that one is. Know what I mean? Like.....Wouldnt it funtion properly,since thier 93 4.0 is wired & hooked up that way? Like.....Convert MY 40 engine bay to be exactly like Their 93 4.0 engine bay. just sems like so much unnesesary clutter under my hood ,which makes tracking down a problem twice as hard, & cleaning even harder.

Find out what and why those parts are there. Once you understand that you can change, modify them all you want. Just make sure you're going to improve engine performance. Not hurt it. Factory manual is a good start.

Id sure love to do that. i look under my hood and just see so many things that doesnt seem to serve much purpose,but i know they do. Just not sure what. I wonder if 91 comanche were renix. I thought AMC were kinda outta the game by late 80s.

Renix era 4.0s have a lot more stuff under the hood to make them run. The OBDi (HO) 4.0s have fewer parts and ultimately less clutter under the hood.

Sounds like you want to do the HO swap!