pinks on speed channel

Oizarod115

i don't know if anyone else has seen this show, or watches it... but they get some SICK cars on there.

just saw an episode (they dragrace for pink-slips)

of a 72 nova with a 555 big block running 1000hp on the motor (no nos)

and a late 80s early 90s camaro 394 small block with nos (no stated hp)

THE CAMARO STOMPED the nova... runs an 8 second 1/4 mi.

:eek: :eek:

(i love american muscle)

Did they fight on there this time....They usally say someone is sandbagging or someone has motor probs. Some of the cars on there are amazing and others look like a 12 year old built them but they will freakin go down they strip like a rocket. I love that show But I would never do it. I don't even like the thought of my MJ being gone let alone a 40000 dollar race car. :eek:

Cole

YEAH! i could never give up my car... i have a hard enough time admitting i lost haha.

the guy with the nova almost cried... wait, i think i saw tears.

I HATE when they break, nothing broke this time, but the 555 didnt wanna crank once at the line ("just takes alot of juice to start this damn big block, aint nothin wrong") pulled up his pos car and jumped her right off...

they let off alot but no sandbaggin.

talk about rockets@!!! the camaro popped a 5ft (at least) wheelie off the line, and another into 2nd

I seen a special on it and they ran nothing but mustangs (fox box style) for like 3 hours It was crazy what some of the guys had. One of them blew a tranny line and come a butt hair width from hitting the wall and the other guy won it and took everyones T-shirts and not the car and told the guy they would be back to settle the score. That was one of my Favs

Cole

I seen a special on it and they ran nothing but mustangs (fox box style) for like 3 hours It was crazy what some of the guys had. One of them blew a tranny line and come a butt hair width from hitting the wall and the other guy won it and took everyones T-shirts and not the car and told the guy they would be back to settle the score. That was one of my Favs

Cole

i missed the end of that one... i saw the tranny line bust & the almost wreck

i missed the trans F-body... sounds BAD!

i hate it when they show up and their sh$% only works halfway... like... don't you guys do this kind of stuff for a living? :redX:

I love that show, but I haven't gotten to see it since I left. I like the oe with the VW bug on it, I hate the he wrecks it though... Looks real scary.. I also saw one where a fat guy on an old kawasaki beat a little guy on a new HD V-Rod.

I love that show, but I haven't gotten to see it since I left. I like the oe with the VW bug on it, I hate the he wrecks it though... Looks real scary.. I also saw one where a fat guy on an old kawasaki beat a little guy on a new HD V-Rod.

That VW one was just bad @$$. A nine second bug thats cool. I also liked that one where they raced for money. They were some bad @$$ rigs.

i hate it when they show up and their sh$% only works halfway... :redX:

Oiz.....no man who drives a Jeep, anywhere, is allowed to make a statement like that :chillin:

Jeff

hear hear.

our junk is hit and miss, so keep quiet. we don't wanna be like those chevy boys :P

You know something funny now that the topic is on reliability... MY wife who hate smy truck cause sh says I love it more than her :nuts: ;) and I were making our way to NC for Christmas and on the way a YJ was broke down on the interstate and without me saying a word she says "you know you just don't see Jeeps on the road broke down like that I think thats the first time I saw one" and I said "well thats why I love my truck" then I got that look from her like you better just stop while your ahead. I thought it was very interesting she out of all people noticed this and once she mentioned it I think it was the first I seen it to. jamminz.gif

Cole

i hate it when they show up and their sh$% only works halfway... :redX:

Oiz.....no man who drives a Jeep, anywhere, is allowed to make a statement like that :chillin:

Jeff

HAHAHAHAHAHA jamminz.gif

although, speaking of jeeps they may not work RIGHT, but they will work.

my brothers girlfriend isnt a big jeep fan, and we challenged her to a broke down hondas vs broke down jeeps game (on the interstate..) score was something like 15 hondas vs 2 jeeps :brows: :eek:

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand that show. As a recovering street racer it bugs the the snot out of me that anyone with a superior car will volunteer handicapping when its obvious there is something at stake. When you race for pinks on the street (or at the track for that matter) to take what you got to the mat. If your civic can't match the 1000hp chevy then you lose the car... no BS'in about how many lenghts the chevy is willing to concede. Hell, the only time I have EVER seen a volunteer handicap was when a T/A took on an S2000. The T/A guy gave the count of two because he knew it was pretty much going to be a slaughter - purse there was "only" $500.

... What some people are willing to pay to get on TV....

i do kinda think that is b/s with the whole lengths and stuff, especially when it gets rediculous like 7-8 lengths or ive even seen half track! :roll:

but some of the episodes are only 1-2 lengths... the cars are SUPPOSED to be matched, they're all supposed to bring 10 second (or w/e the agreement is) but alot of times they b/s and show up faster (or sometimes slower!)

i still like seeing 1000hp chevys blow down the track jamminz.gif

All they are trying to do is bracket race. Bracket racing is awesome casue you have to run your dial in, and a lot is to be said for a properly set up car that runs the same number run after run. Anyone with deep pockets can make a car run fast for one pass, but to make a car run consistantly takes a lil skill and dep pockets

All they are trying to do is bracket race. Bracket racing is awesome casue you have to run your dial in, and a lot is to be said for a properly set up car that runs the same number run after run. Anyone with deep pockets can make a car run fast for one pass, but to make a car run consistantly takes a lil skill and dep pockets

that's true... most of the cars end up blowing tranny lines and such...

but there is one team on there that ive seen in at least 3 episodes running a 5-0 that (knock on wood) has never had any issues