Please don't feed the trolls!

Eagle

Folks, we have been infested with a dedicated spammer. So far, we know that Abadmoenceder09, Sterjoha57, Ananceter, Edter54, and Eredder7 are the same person -- or posting from the same IP address. Some of the forums they posted in I don't have mod access to. The ones I can mod, I'll try to clean out until Pete gets back.

Until then, fer Gawd's sake do NOT quote the posts. That means I have to not only get rid of the offending posts, I also have to look through each thread and either edit or delete every response that quotes it.

Best is if you don't even respond. When you encounter posts by this person (under any alias), just send me a PM with a copy to Pete so we know about it. Do not engage them on the forum ... that's what they want: attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, pleeeeease stop replying to them. They won't ever see it and then I have even more posts to go through and delete. I just wonder if they ever make any money off of this crap, or are they just pissed at the world because no one likes them. :hmm:

• 4 months later...
I just wonder if they ever make any money off of this crap, or are they just pissed at the world because no one likes them. :hmm:

I had a long talk with someone knowledgeable about the financial aspects of spamming, and he cited a statistic that a spam campaign need get only one positive response out of a million contacts in order to be viable.

My suggestion is we find that one person . . . and kill them. :brows:

Not really. I'll post more of the 90 when I finally push it out of the garage. Hopefully later this week. :D

Any particular reason you posted this here? :hmm:

nope, it was the most recent post of yours that I found as I haven't been on here really since about february....i suppose it was a tad inappropriate.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Folks, we have been infested with a dedicated spammer. So far, we know that Abadmoenceder09, Sterjoha57, Ananceter, Edter54, and Eredder7 are the same person -- or posting from the same IP address. Some of the forums they posted in I don't have mod access to. The ones I can mod, I'll try to clean out until Pete gets back.

Until then, fer Gawd's sake do NOT quote the posts. That means I have to not only get rid of the offending posts, I also have to look through each thread and either edit or delete every response that quotes it.

Best is if you don't even respond. When you encounter posts by this person (under any alias), just send me a PM with a copy to Pete so we know about it. Do not engage them on the forum ... that's what they want: attention.

Actually it could be more then one person on the same porxy.

Each proxy has their own IP too.