Front brakes grinding.

Driving home from work in bumper 2 bumper traffic, my front brakes started grinding after about 20 minutes. I never had this issue before. I disassembled the brakes expecting to find worn out pads or rotors but everything looks pretty good to my novice eye. I had the rear axle swapped out a few weeks ago and wonder if a proper bleeding of the front wasn't accomplished. Could that be the problem or should I focus somewhere else?

are your pads wearing evenly? if they are you may have a siezed caliper.
:agree: That's what I'd look for! (From experience!!)
i was pulling into summer school one day last summer and some idiot pulled out in front of my and when i hit the breaks all i heard was snap. my inner break pad on the pass side broke in 3 pieces and i lost breaks on that side. it also wrecked my rotor on the drive home. all because the caliper was seized up

The main cause of seizure is dirt and rust between piston and bore. A good cleaning should fix it up.After cleaning insert the piston all the way into the bore. Turn it upside down. The piston should fall out.

Also, while you are in there, pull the sliders out, pull the rubber boots out, and make sure there is no corrosion between the caliper, and the slider boots. Grease her up, and reassemble! I had a bunch of corrosion in mine, and it caused the caliper to not slide/return when braking. caused the caliper to actually clamp the rotor at an angle, and overheated the right brake! Not fun hitting the brakes at 60 or so, just to find that you have no right front brake! (Yanks the truck into the left lane!)