Speaker problem

Yesterday I installed two 130 watt pioneer speakers that I scored from a junk yard, and they sounded amazing jamminz.gif but then today I was rockin out while I was driving and the radio just went out :dunno: Well let me rephrase that, the radio was still playing but all speakers stopped playing music. I tried to turn it on and off but nothing, so when I checked the fuses they were all good so i took off one of the door panels. So I took a power probe and checked the ground and power to the "new" door speaker and its getting power just no sound? Any thought? Maybe the "new" speakers shorted something out? Any thing will be helpfull thanks

Brandon

Yeah and ive tested the "new" speakers and they still work just no sound going to them. The head unit stayed on the whole time. So maybe it's just not pumping any sound? Any thoughts will be helpful b4 I go and pull the Dash and HU. Thanks

Brandon

I had a sony deck years ago that I got free from a buddy, because he had blown the internal amp chips. It had front and rear chanel rca's, so I hooked it to a 4 channel amp, and it ran fine for like 3 years before i got rid of it. Point is, it may have blown it's amp somehow. does it have rca's in back, and do you have an amp, or even a home receiver you can plug it into? That'll tell ya!

• 1 month later...
Yesterday I installed two 130 watt pioneer speakers that I scored from a junk yard, and they sounded amazing jamminz.gif but then today I was rockin out while I was driving and the radio just went out :dunno: Well let me rephrase that, the radio was still playing but all speakers stopped playing music. I tried to turn it on and off but nothing, so when I checked the fuses they were all good so i took off one of the door panels. So I took a power probe and checked the ground and power to the "new" door speaker and its getting power just no sound? Any thought? Maybe the "new" speakers shorted something out? Any thing will be helpfull thanks

Brandon

Mine did this recently when I hit a bump. Both speakers went out simultaneously but the HU was working just fine. Hit another bump and the speakers came back on. I pulled the HU out and couldn't replicate the problem with the wiring harness.