A wandering rant

Not so far back, I could pull a vehicle into the shop, remove the radiator and then the engine. I could then get the rebuilt, ready to go engine I had, stick it in the vehicle, replace the radiator and drive out. All in one day. I've just spent the last day, ALL DAY, just removing plastic so I could just get to the engine. This is progress?

Gonna go have a cold one, Jim :headpop:

I remember vehicles that take 5 minutes to change the starter! 1 word... Northstar! :fs1: :mad: :wall:

Ha, on my old Dakota you had to drop the front axle assembly to get to the starterr

On the Northstar, you have to pull the intake manifold, because the starter is on the top of the flexplate!

Our Porsche Cayenne had a bad coolant leak which turns out to be a very common problem but according to Porsche is not a defect. :hmm:

The connections from the cooling system to the bottom of the engine are plastic and will split wide open, spilling all the coolant within a matter of minutes. The engine has to be hoisted, the starter removed, and the aluminum replacement coolant kit (remember, not a defect) installed.If the leak destroyed the starter, replace starter.

Kit....................$500

Starter...............$800

Labor.................$1500

Total..................$2800

For Sale!! 2004 Porsche Cayenne S :mad:

Not so far back, I could pull a vehicle into the shop, remove the radiator and then the engine. I could then get the rebuilt, ready to go engine I had, stick it in the vehicle, replace the radiator and drive out. All in one day. I've just spent the last day, ALL DAY, just removing plastic so I could just get to the engine. This is progress?

Yes.. and I remember in the old days when I called this sh*# fun and layed under cars and trucks night and day having fun !! :shake:

Yes.. and I remember in the old days when I called this sh*# fun and layed under cars and trucks night and day having fun !! :shake:

That too. :yes: