How do you do a SOA for Dann 44

i want to do a SOA in the rear of my 86 MJ but not real sure how to or what ill need to buy to do it or how high it will lift my truck so i can level out my front with the back please help me and be very descriptive so i can understand I'm slow thanks guys. and please post some pictures they help me alot :wrench:

it will boost up the rear about 4'' to 5'' depending on the height of the leaf perch.

i run a D44 with 1 1/2 u bolt eliminators it sits about 5'' with out the shackle

http://www.tntcustoms.com/u-bolteliminiators.aspx

or if you don't like the idea of u bolt eliminators. RuffStuff makes Quality leaf perches & beefy 5/8! U bolts

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/D44SS.html

• 2 weeks later...

No matter what setup you choose, you have to weld the perches on. You can get away with shock mounts with just flipping the spring top plates from side to side to keep with the factory ones since Comanche shocks bolt farther forward of the axle than Cherokees. I ended up doing that for the time being but will be making new mounts top and bottom to run longer shocks for flex.

There is also the bolt on option,they key into your stock perches and bolt in place.

They are easy to install and require no welding, Down side is they cost quite a bit more then the weld on perches.

I've never trusted the bolt on kits. Anyways, for the price of the bolt on kit, you can get the perches (and even pick up a set of shocks mounts) and get a shop to weld everything up for you. You don't even need to grind your old mounts off if you choose to buy new ones if you don't want as they won't get in the way of the u-bolts.

Dirteatr717

Did you use standard u-bolts for that set-up ? Why the bottom plate , for the shock ?

Assuming yes and yes for your answers , I can't agree that bottom plate was a good idea using a standard u-bolt(looks like it is) That would mean your bolts could easily wear into the 3/16s(i think) plate and become loose as time passes . If unnoticed , could shear the bolt and that's not good for anybody .

I had them made up at a spring shop and if you've ever taken the u-bolts an plate off there's a bent plate with a hump in it to make a 3rd contact point for the ubolt it won't wear into the plate...that's also a Cherokee top plate that I bought from a friend for 10 bucks.. I mounted the shocks like that for more down travel, the longer the shock the more down travel. It's worked great for me so far