horsepower and torque specs for 2.8L v6?

well all of you are right about the crap factor of this engine but its what i got stuck with if i wanted a 4x4 comanche. I'm gonna do an engine swap asap. if any of you have any good ideas on an engine to put in it with out any body cutting or anything it would help alot.

The only 'easy' swap is the 3.4. It's a pretty good motor though.

You could throw just about anything in there, but it might get touchy.

If you wanted to swap a 4.0 you'll need a donor vehicle (pretty much) as you'll need the tranny as well, and the radiator and supports, along with a bunch of fuel system stuff and all the electrical. There's a thread on that here somewhere.

The 2.8 while a dog, can be a pretty long running motor, if taken care of. I had a S-10 with one, and when I sold it, it had 200,000 showing, and the guy I sold it o drove it another yr beore he sold it, and the person he sold it to is still driving it, and that was almost 3yrs ago.

Rebuilding what you have wil be far easier and cheaper then swapping in another motor, unless you use a 3.4 and your current fuel system. If you change any of that you can start getting into big money. So keep that in mind.

Patrick

The 2.8 while a dog, can be a pretty long running motor, if taken care of. I had a S-10 with one, and when I sold it, it had 200,000 showing, and the guy I sold it o drove it another yr beore he sold it, and the person he sold it to is still driving it, and that was almost 3yrs ago.

Patrick

Depending on the year of the S-10, you probably have the 'later' version of the 2.8l. GM dumped the earlier version onto AMC, and used the later one in its own vehicles. The later version solves alot of the longetivity issues with the motor. The craptastic carb though is really the culprit for the problems with power.

Mine had a throttle body so I guess it was a later version. It was n't the most powerful motor, but the 3.73 gears in it did make it kinda peppy for a V-6. Also they were not GM's best motors either. They also had transmision issues.

I got rid of the truck cause the whole front end needed to be rebuilt, it just wasnt worth spending 200 in parts just to have a vehicle with 200,000 miles on it, when I traded it for an Old firedepartment K-5 Blazer that had only 43,000 original miles on it :shock: :D

Patrick